- Faculty Affiliate, Institute for Engineering Education and Innovation, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES)
- Associate Professor of the Practice, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
My primary interest in engineering education is to learn about modern pedagogy practices in order to actively engage students in the classroom and help them better understand complex engineering concepts. While my specific objective is to assist students with mastering these concepts, my underlying goal is to have students master the learning process during their college academic career. The goal is to help turn the novice learners into expert learners where they want to learn, know how to learn strategically, and are well prepared for a lifetime of learning in the engineering career field.
- Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, Wichita State University - (Wichita, Kansas, United States) 2002
- M.S. in Aeronautical Engineering, Air Force Institute of Technology - (Dayton, Ohio, United States) 1988
- B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1982
- Han, X., Thomasson, J. A., Bagnall, G. C., Pugh, N. A., Horne, D. W., Rooney, W. L., ... Cope, D. A. (2018). Measurement and Calibration of Plant-Height from Fixed-Wing UAV Images. Sensors (Switzerland). 18(12), 4092-4092.
- Pugh, N. A., Han, X., Collins, S. D., Thomasson, J. A., Cope, D., Chang, A., ... Rooney, W. L. (2018). Estimation of plant health in a sorghum field infected with anthracnose using a fixed-wing unmanned aerial system. Journal of Crop Improvement. 32(6), 1-17.
- Shi, Y., Thomasson, J. A., Murray, S. C., Pugh, N. A., Rooney, W. L., Shafian, S., ... Yang, C. (2016). Unmanned Aerial Vehicles for High-Throughput Phenotyping and Agronomic Research. PLoS ONE. 11(7), e0159781-e0159781.
- Han, X., Thomasson, J. A., Bagnall, C., Pugh, N. A., Horne, D. W., Rooney, W. L., ... Cope, D. A. (2018). Calibrated plant height estimates with structure from motion from fixed-wing UAV images. VISUALIZING AND QUANTIFYING DRUG DISTRIBUTION IN TISSUE III. 10664, 106640d.
- Shi, Y., Thomasson, J. A., Yang, C., Cope, D., & Sima, C. (2017). A case study of comparing radiometrically calibrated reflectance of animage mosaic from unmanned aerial system with that of a single image from manned aircraft over a same area. VISUALIZING AND QUANTIFYING DRUG DISTRIBUTION IN TISSUE III. 10218, 102180b-102180b-6.
- Thomasson, J. A., Shi, Y., Sima, C., Yang, C., & Cope, D. A. (2017). Automated geographic registration and radiometric correction for UAV-based mosaics. VISUALIZING AND QUANTIFYING DRUG DISTRIBUTION IN TISSUE III. 10218, 102180k-102180k-10.
- Rajan, N., Shafian, S., Cope, D., Bagavathiannan, M., Malambo, L., Popescu, S., & Rooney, B. (2017). Field research applications of UAS.
- Avant, B., Cope, D., Jung, J., & Shafian, S. (2017). Unmanned aerial systems project for precision agriculture and high throughput field phenotyping.