Surface-water Hydrology, Groundwater Hydrology, Hydraulics, Irrigation Engineering, Environmental Quality and Water Resources. Principal research topics have encompassed: 1. Watershed modeling, 2. Erosion and Sediment Transport in Upland Watersheds, 3. Streamflow Forecasting, 4. Dam Break Analysis, 5. Entropy-Based Modeling, 6. Network Design, 7. Groundwater Modeling, and 8. Hydrologic Impacts of Climate Change.
- D.Sc. in Environmental and Water Resources Engineering, University of the Witwatersrand - (Johannesburg, South Africa) 1998
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, Colorado State University - (Fort Collins, Colorado, United States) 1974
- M.S. in Engineering, University of Guelph - (Guelph, Ontario, Canada) 1970
- B.S. in Engineering and Technology, Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology - (Haldwani, India) 1967
- Lu, X., Wang, X., Liu, X. i., & Singh, V. P. (2023). Dispersal and transport of microplastic particles under different flow conditions in riverine ecosystem. Journal of Hazardous Materials. 442, 130033-130033.
- Lin, Q., Wu, Z., Liu, J., Singh, V. P., & Zuo, Z. (2022). Hydrological drought dynamics and its teleconnections with large-scale climate indices in the Xijiang River basin, South China. Theoretical and Applied Climatology. 150(1-2), 229-249.
- Lee, T., Jo, J., & Singh, V. P. (2022). Temporal downscaling of daily precipitation to 10min data for assessment of climate change impact on floods in small-size watersheds applied to Jinju, South Korea. Climate Dynamics. 59(7-8), 2381-2407.
- Ruiz-Alvarez, O., Corrales-Suastegui, A., tpnek, P., Farda, A., Ontiveros Capurata, R. E., Reyes-Gonzlez, A., ... Singh, V. P. (2022). Temporal trends of daily extreme temperature indices in North-Central Mexico. Meteorologische Zeitschrift. 31(4), 265-288.
- Shirin, S., Jamal, A., Emmanouil, C., Singh, V. P., & Yadav, A. K. (2022). Assessment and characterization of waste material used as backfilling in an abandoned mine. International Journal of Coal Preparation and Utilization. 1-9.
- Singh, V. P., & Zhang, L. (2022). Generalized Frequency Distributions for Environmental and Water Engineering. Cambridge University Press.
- Lee, T., Singh, V. P., & Cho, K. H. (2021). Deep Learning for Hydrometeorology and Environmental Science. Springer International Publishing.
- Zhang, L., & Singh, V. P. (2019). Copulas and their Applications in Water Resources Engineering. Cambridge University Press.
- Bhattacharyya, K., & Singh, V. P. (2019). Reservoir Sedimentation. CRC Press.
- Lee, T., & Singh, V. P. (2018). Statistical Downscaling for Hydrological and Environmental Applications. CRC Press.
- Pandey, A., Singh, G., Chowdary, V. M., Behera, M. D., Prakash, A. J., & Singh, V. P. (2022). Overview of Geospatial Technologies for Land and Water Resources Management. Water Science and Technology Library. Geospatial Technologies for Land and Water Resources Management. 1-16. Springer International Publishing.
- Yoosefdoost, I., Bozorg-Haddad, O., Singh, V. P., & Chau, K. W. (2022). Hydrological Models. Climate Change in Sustainable Water Resources Management. 283-329. Springer Nature Singapore.
- Tehrani, M. J., Bozorg-Haddad, O., Pingale, S. M., Achite, M., & Singh, V. P. (2022). Introduction to Key Features of Climate Models. Climate Change in Sustainable Water Resources Management. 153-177. Springer Nature Singapore.
- Oliazadeh, A., Bozorg-Haddad, O., Loiciga, H. A., Ahmad, S., & Singh, V. P. (2022). The Effect of Climate Change on Water Resources. Climate Change in Sustainable Water Resources Management. 95-118. Springer Nature Singapore.
- Singh, V. P., Yadav, S., Yadav, K. K., & Yadava, R. N. (2022). An Overview on Environmental Degradation and Mitigation. Water Science and Technology Library. Environmental Degradation: Challenges and Strategies for Mitigation. 3-15. Springer International Publishing.
- Inoubli, R., Abbes, A. B., Farah, I. R., Singh, V., Tadesse, T., & Sattari, M. T. (2020). A review of drought monitoring using remote sensing and data mining methods. 2020 5th International Conference on Advanced Technologies for Signal and Image Processing (ATSIP), 2020 5th International Conference on Advanced Technologies for Signal and Image Processing (ATSIP). 00, 1-6.
- Singh, M. K., Singh, R. K., & Singh, V. P. (2018). Three-Dimensional Solute Transport Problems in an Aquifer: Numerical Approaches. Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering. (204369), 525-534.
- Li, H., Wang, D., Singh, V. P., & Wang, Y. (2018). Entropy Based Multicriterion Evaluation for Rainfall Monitoring Networks under the Impact of Discretization. EPiC Series in Engineering, HIC 2018. 13th International Conference on Hydroinformatics. 3, 1162-1152.
- Wang, W., Wang, D., Singh, V. P., & Wang, Y. (2018). Spatial-Temporal Evaluation of Rain-Fauge Network Based on Entropy Theory. EPiC Series in Engineering, HIC 2018. 13th International Conference on Hydroinformatics. 3, 2293-2284.
- Bhatia, N., & Singh, V. P. (2017). Evaluation of hydrologic models for Texas Flash Flood Alley. 2017 Spokane, Washington July 16 - July 19, 2017, 2017 Spokane, Washington July 16 - July 19, 2017.
Repository Documents / Preprints42
- Samanta, A., Chatterjee, A., Singh, M. K., Pasupuleti, S., & Singh, V. P. (2022). Determining the Source Location of Groundwater Contamination by Weierstrass Polynomial Approximation.
- Chen, S., Fu, Y., Wu, Z., Hao, F., Hao, Z., Guo, Y., ... Zhang, X. (2022). Informing the SWAT model with remote sensing detected vegetation phenology for improved modeling of ecohydrological processes.
- Yi, B., Chen, L. u., Zhang, H., Singh, V. P., Jiang, P., Liu, Y., & Qiu, H. (2022). A Time-Varying Distributed Unit Hydrograph method considering soil moisture content.
- Wang, Y., Peng, T., Lin, Q., Singh, V. P., Dong, X., Chen, C., ... Wang, G. (2022). A New Non-stationary Hydrological Drought Index Encompassing Climate Indices and Modified Reservoir Index as Covariates.
- Wu, W., Zhang, Q., Singh, V. P., Wang, G., Zhao, J., Shen, Z., & Sun, S. (2022). A Novel Holistic Framework for Evaluation of Landslide Susceptibility in the Hengduan Mountains, the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau.
- Outstanding Distinguished Scientist Award conferred by Sigma Xi - (Durham, North Carolina, United States) - Texas A&M University Chapter 2016
- Singh, Abhishek (2016-12). Computation of Probable Maximum Precipitation (PMP) and Its Uncertainty. (Master's Thesis)
- Sohoulande Djebou, Dagbegnon Clement (2015-05). Seasonal Precipitation Variability and Its Impact on Vegetation Dynamics under Climate Change and Aridity Spectra of the Southwest United States Ecosystems. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Yildirim, Gokhan (2015-05). Spatial Drought Risk Assessment Using Standardized Precipitation Index and Effective Drought Index: Edwards Aquifer Region. (Master's Thesis)
- Cui, Huijuan (2015-05). Entropy Theory for Streamflow Forecasting. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Rajsekhar, Deepthi (2014-12). Integrated Drought Modeling For Texas Under Climate Change Impact With Implications For Water Resources Planning. (Doctoral Dissertation)