Haynes Davison, Chayla individual record
Dr. Haynes Davison's research interests and expertise include: critical and inclusive pedagogy, critical race theory and intersectionality scholarship (i.e., critical race theory, critical race feminism, and intersectionality), and Black women in higher education.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Higher Education, University of Denver - (Denver, Colorado, United States) 2013
- M.A. in College Student Personnel, Bowling Green State University - (Bowling Green, Ohio, United States) 2000
- Haynes, C. (2021). The Susceptibility of Teaching to White Interests: A Theoretical Explanation of the Influence of Racial Consciousness on the Behaviors of White Faculty in the Classroom. JOURNAL OF DIVERSITY IN HIGHER EDUCATION. 16(1), 97-108.
- Joseph, N. M., Haynes, C., & Patton, L. D. (2021). The Politics of Publishing: A National Conversation With Scholars Who Use Their Research About Black Women to Address Intersectionality. EDUCATIONAL RESEARCHER. 50(2), 115-126.
- Haynes, C., Ward, L., & Patton, L. D. (2021). Truth-telling, Black women and the pedagogy of fake news in higher education. PEDAGOGY CULTURE AND SOCIETY. 1-16.
- Mobley, S., Taylor, L., & Haynes, C. (2020). (Un)seen work: the pedagogical experiences of black queer men in faculty roles. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF QUALITATIVE STUDIES IN EDUCATION. 33(6), 604-620.
- Patton, L. D., & Haynes, C. (2020). Dear White People: Reimagining Whiteness In the Struggle for Racial Equity. Change The Magazine of Higher Learning. 52(2), 41-45.
- Tuitt, F., Haynes, C., & Stewart, S. (2016). Race, Equity, and the Learning Environment The Global Relevance of Critical and Inclusive Pedagogies in Higher Education. Stylus Publishing, LLC.
- Haynes, C., Stewart, S., Moore, E., Joseph, N. M., & Patton, L. D. (2022). Intersectionality Methodology and the Black Women Committed to Write-Us Resistance. Black Feminist Epistemology, Research, and Praxis. 71-78. Taylor & Francis.
- Haynes, C., & Bazner, K. J. (2021). A message for faculty from the present-day movement for black lives. Black Liberation in Higher Education. 80-95. Taylor & Francis.
- Stewart, S., & Haynes, C. (2021). Black Liberation research: qualitative methodological considerations. Black Liberation in Higher Education. 117-123. Taylor & Francis.
- Haynes, C., Castillo-Montoya, M., Hailu, M. F., & Stewart, S. (2021). Introduction. Black Liberation in Higher Education. 1-5. Taylor & Francis.
- (2015). Interrogating Whiteness and Relinquishing Power White Faculty's Commitment to Racial Consciousness in STEM Classrooms. Peter Lang Gmbh, Internationaler Verlag Der Wissenschaften.
in the news
recent teaching activities
- EDAD601 College Teaching Instructor
- EDAD603 Adv Stud Develop Theory Instructor
- EDAD669 College Student Instructor
- EDAD684 Internship Instructor
- EDAD685 Directed Studies Instructor
Texas A&M University; Educational Adm & Human Resources Development; 4226 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4226