My research interests focus on the management of healthcare operations, including patient flow, capacity planning and management, demand forecasting, nurse staffing and scheduling.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Management Science, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1996
- M.B.A. in Business Administration, University of Saskatchewan - (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada) 1988
- B.A. in Political Science, University of Saskatchewan - (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada) 1985
- Radcliff, T. A., Côté, M. J., Whittington, M. D., Daniels, M. J., Bobroff, L. B., Janicke, D. M., & Perri, M. G. (2020). Cost-Effectiveness of Three Doses of a Behavioral Intervention to Prevent or Delay Type 2 Diabetes in Rural Areas. JOURNAL OF THE ACADEMY OF NUTRITION AND DIETETICS. 120(7), 1163-1171.
- McCreight, M. S., Gilmartin, H. M., Leonard, C. A., Mayberry, A. L., Kelley, L. R., Lippmann, B. K., ... Burke, R. E. (2019). Practical Use of Process Mapping to Guide Implementation of a Care Coordination Program for Rural Veterans. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 34(Suppl 1), 67-74.
- Côté, M. J., & Smith, M. A. (2018). Forecasting the demand for radiology services. Health Systems. 7(2), 79-88.
- Leonard, C., Lawrence, E., McCreight, M., Lippmann, B., Kelley, L., Mayberry, A., ... Burke, R. (2017). Implementation and dissemination of a transition of care program for rural veterans: a controlled before and after study. IMPLEMENTATION SCIENCE. 12(1), 123.
- Kim, S. J., Lim, G. J., Cho, J., & Côté, M. J. (2017). Drone-Aided Healthcare Services for Patients with Chronic Diseases in Rural Areas. Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems: Theory and Applications. 88(1), 163-180.
- Bretthauer, K. M., & Côté, M. J. (2017). A model for planning resource requirements in health care organizations. Decision Science. (pp. 149-176).
- Radcliff, T. A., West, D. R., James, K., & Côté, M. J. (2013). Regression and data envelopment analysis methods to assess practice efficiency. Econometrics: New Research. (pp. 121-134).
- Radcliff, T. A., West, D. R., James, K., & Cote, M. J. (2012). Regression and Data Envelopment Analysis Methods to Assess Practice Efficiency. Mendez, S. A., & Vega, A. M. (Eds.), Econometrics: New Research. (pp. 121-134). Nova Publishers.
- Lim, G. J., Mobasher, A., Kardar, L., & Cote, M. J. (2012). Nurse Scheduling. Handbook of Healthcare System Scheduling. (pp. 31-64). Springer Us.
- Daniel Wright, P., Bretthauer, K. M., & Côté, M. J. (2003). An evaluation of nurse to patient ratios and nurse scheduling policies. 2207-2212.
- Wright, D., Bretthauer, K. M., & Côté, M. J. (2002). Short-term workforce management: Cross-training, scheduling and allocation of heterogeneous nurses in a hospital. 1672-1677.
- Salzarulo, P. A., Bretthauer, K. M., Côté, M. J., & Schultz, K. L. (2002). The Effect of Patient Load on Physician Service Times. 2107-2112.
- Cote, M. J. (1997). Erlang-based stochastic model for patient flow. 2, 899-901.
- Bretthauer, K. M., & Cote, M. J. (1996). Capacity planning in health care systems. 2, 1033-1035.
- Radcliff, T. A., & Cote, M. (2020). For Florida, the coronavirus pandemic was a perfect storm.
- Cote, M., & Radcliff, T. (2020). COVID-19 messes with Texas: What went wrong, and what other states can learn as younger people get sick.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Holland, Delbert Benny (2016-05). Using Simulation Technology as a Novel Prevention Tool to Combat Health Care-Associated Infections. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Leroux, Todd Carl (2015-12). Evaluating Aspects of Healthcare Delivery in the U.S. (Military: Medical Separations, Mental Health Utilization, and Primary Care Appointment Availability. Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Health Policy And Management; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77843-1266