My research focuses on studying ocean circulation and transports; ocean climate and its variability from seasonal to decadal scales; convection near continental margins and ocean interior, deep overflows; interpretation of tracer distributions on mesoscale to global, direct current measurements; development of hydrographic database and online atlas; and Ocean Observing Systems: GOOS, SOOS.
- Ph.D. in Oceanography, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1993
- M.S. in Oceanography, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1990
- B.A. in Oceanography, Buenos Aires Institute of Technology - (Buenos Aires, Argentina) 1985
- Talley, L. D., Koltermann, K. P., Gouretski, V. V., Jancke, K., Orsi, A. H., Whitworth, T., ... Schlitzer, R (2014). Atlases Give Global Snapshot of Oceans in the 1990s. Eos, Transactions American Geophysical Union. 95(12), 101-102.
- Kim, Y. S., & Orsi, A. H. (2014). On the Variability of Antarctic Circumpolar Current Fronts Inferred from 19922011 Altimetry*. Journal of Physical Oceanography. 44(12), 3054-3071.
- Ducklow, H., Orsi, A., & Wellner, J (2012). Introduction to the Special Issue on Antarctic Oceanography in a Changing World. Oceanography. 25(3), 14-17.
- Swift, J., & Orsi, A (2012). Sixty-Four Days of Hydrography and Storms: RVIB Nathaniel B. Palmer's 2011 S04P Cruise. Oceanography. 25(3), 54-55.
- Rintoul, S. R., Church, J., Fahrbach, E., Garcia, M., Gordon, A., King, B., ... Speer, K. (2001). Monitoring and understanding Southern Ocean variability and its impact on climate: a strategy for sustained observations. Koblinsky, C. J., & Smith, N. R. (Eds.), Observing the Oceans in the 21st Century. 486-508. GODAE Project Office/Bureau of Meteorology.
- Whitworth, T., Orsi, A. H., Kim, S., Nowlin, W. D., & Locarnini, R. A (1985). Water Masses and Mixing Near the Antarctic Slope Front. Antarctic research series. Ocean, Ice, and Atmosphere: Interactions at the Antarctic Continental Margin. 1-27. American Geophysical Union.
- Kim, Yong Sun 1976- (2012-12). Antarctic Circumpolar Current System and its Response to Atmospheric Variability. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Wiederwohl, Christina 1980- (2012-12). The Ross Sea Response to Evolving Ocean-Ice Interactions in a Changing Climate. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Morgan, Benjamin Patrick (2011-08). Analysis of Antarctic Sea Ice Thickness: A Newly Created Database for 2000-2009. (Master's Thesis)
- Stover, Christina Lee (2003-05). A new account of Ross Sea waters: characteristics, volumetrics, and variability. (Master's Thesis)