Heart failure (impaired ventricular pump function) is an eventual outcome for diverse cardiovascular disorders and the leading cause of combined morbidity and mortality in the United States and other developed industrial nations. The focus of my lab is to understand the molecular and cellular mechanisms that initiate and mediate the pathogenesis of maladaptive cardiac remodeling, such as cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis as result of various pathological scenarios such as myocardial infarction, hypertension, obesity, diabetes, aging and post-traumatic stress disorder. The overall approach consists of generation and analysis of clinically-relevant genetic mouse models including a tool mouse enabling tracking endogenous cardiac exosomes, and conduct mechanistic studies using cutting-edge technology. The ultimate goal of our efforts is to provide clinical translation for the prevention and treatment of pathological cardiac remodeling from our mechanistic studies.
- Baylor College of Medicine - (Houston, Texas, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2002
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston - (Houston, Texas, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2000
- Ph.D. in Physiology, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1999
- M.Med. in Medicine, Wuhan University - (Wuhan, China) 1991
- B.M. in Medicine, Wuhan University - (Wuhan, China) 1986
- Dai, Y., Luo, W., Yue, X., Ma, W., Wang, J., & Chang, J. (2020). Identification and characterization of a new isoform of small GTPase RhoE.. Commun Biol. 3(1), 572.
- Luo, W., Dai, Y., Chen, Z., Yue, X., Andrade-Powell, K. C., & Chang, J. (2020). Spatial and temporal tracking of cardiac exosomes in mouse using a nano-luciferase-CD63 fusion protein.. Commun Biol. (1), 114.
- Dai, Y., Song, J., Li, W., Yang, T., Yue, X., Lin, X. i., ... Chang, J. (2019). RhoE Fine-Tunes Inflammatory Response in Myocardial Infarction.. Circulation. (9), 1185-1198.
- Dai, Y., Luo, W., & Chang, J. (2018). Rho kinase signaling and cardiac physiology.. Curr Opin Physiol. 1, 14-20.
- Cao, J., Yu, Y. i., Zhang, Z., Chen, X. i., Hu, Z., Tong, Q., ... Lin, X. (2018). SCP4 Promotes Gluconeogenesis Through FoxO1/3a Dephosphorylation.. Diabetes. 67(1), 46-57.
- Yue, X., Yang, X., Lin, X. i., Yang, T., Yi, X., Dai, Y., & Chang, J. (2014). Rnd3/RhoE Plays an Essential Role in the Transition of Heart to Failure. CIRCULATION RESEARCH. 115(12), E91-E91.
- Chang, J., & Yang, X. (2013). GW24-e1389Rho Signalling and Cardiomyopathy. Heart. 99(Suppl 3), A106.1-A106.
- Yang, X., Li, Q. i., Lin, X. i., Yue, X., & Chang, J. (2012). Communication between Cardiomyocytes and Cardiac Fibroblasts: Mechanistic Role of ROCK1 in Fibrotic Cardiac Remodeling. FASEB JOURNAL. 26,
- Chang, J., Wei, L., Xie, M., Shah, V. R., Schneider, M. D., Entman, M. L., & Schwartz, R. J. (2005). Active ROCK-1 is generated by caspase 3Cleavage in human and mouse heart failure and disruption of ROCK-1 attenuates myocyte apoptosis. CIRCULATION RESEARCH. 97(2), E20-E20.
- Chang, J., Knowlton, A. A., & Wasser, J. S. (1999). Activation of heat shock factor by decreases in intracellular ATP and pH in isolated rat hearts. FASEB JOURNAL. 13(5), A1079-A1079.
- Epigenomic signaling and heart failure awarded by DHHS-NIH-National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute 2019 - 2023