Heart failure (impaired ventricular pump function) is an eventual outcome for diverse cardiovascular disorders and the leading cause of combined morbidity and mortality in the United States and other developed industrial nations. The focus of my lab is to understand the molecular mechanisms that initiate and mediate the pathogenesis of maladaptive cardiac remodeling, such as cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis, as a result of various stresses such as ischemic, hemodynamic or metabolic challenges. The overall approach consists of using molecular and genetic engineering, clinically-relevant mouse models by generating constitutive and inducible transgenic mice as well as straight and conditional knockout mice with different cardiomyopathy.
- Baylor College of Medicine - (Houston, Texas, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2002
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston - (Houston, Texas, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2000
- Ph.D. in Physiology, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1999
- M.Med. in Medicine, Wuhan University - (Wuhan, China) 1991
- B.M. in Medicine, Wuhan University - (Wuhan, China) 1986
- Dai, Y., Song, J., Li, W., Yang, T., Yue, X., Lin, X. i., ... Chang, J. (2018). RhoE Fine-Tunes Inflammatory Response in Myocardial Infarction. CIRCULATION. 139(9), 1185-1198.
- Dai, Y., Luo, W., & Chang, J. (2017). Rho kinase signaling and cardiac physiology. Current Opinion in Physiology. 1, 14-20.
- Cao, J., Yu, Y. i., Zhang, Z., Chen, X. i., Hu, Z., Tong, Q., ... Lin, X. (2017). SCP4 Promotes Gluconeogenesis through FoxO1/3a Dephosphorylation. DIABETES. 67(1), db170546-57.
- Yi, X., Tao, Y. e., Lin, X. i., Dai, Y., Yang, T., Yue, X., ... Chang, J. (2017). Histone methyltransferase Setd2 is critical for the proliferation and differentiation of myoblasts. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Cell Research. 1864(4), 697-707.
- Liu, B., Dong, H., Lin, X. i., Yang, X., Yue, X., Yang, J., ... Chang, J. (2016). RND3 promotes Snail 1 protein degradation and inhibits glioblastoma cell migration and invasion. Oncotarget. 5(0), 82411-82423.
- Yue, X., Yang, X., Lin, X. i., Yang, T., Yi, X., Dai, Y., & Chang, J. (2014). Rnd3/RhoE Plays an Essential Role in the Transition of Heart to Failure. Circulation Research. 115(12), E91-E91.
- Chang, J., & Yang, X. (2013). GW24-e1389 Rho Signalling and Cardiomyopathy. Heart. 99(Suppl 3), a106-E106.
- Yang, X., Li, Q. i., Lin, X. i., Yue, X., & Chang, J. (2012). Communication between Cardiomyocytes and Cardiac Fibroblasts: Mechanistic Role of ROCK1 in Fibrotic Cardiac Remodeling. FASEB J. 26,
- Chang, J., Wei, L., Xie, M., Shah, V. R., Schneider, M. D., Entman, M. L., & Schwartz, R. J. (2005). Active ROCK-1 is generated by caspase 3Cleavage in human and mouse heart failure and disruption of ROCK-1 attenuates myocyte apoptosis. Circulation Research. 97(2), E20-E20.
- Chang, J., Knowlton, A. A., & Wasser, J. S. (1999). Activation of heat shock factor by decreases in intracellular ATP and pH in isolated rat hearts. FASEB J. 13(5), A1079-A1079.
- Epigenomic signaling and heart failure awarded by DHHS-NIH-National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute 2019 - 2023