- Faculty Affiliate, Energy Institute, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES), Division of Research
- Regents Professor, The Texas A&M University System
- Oscar S. Wyatt Jr. Chair, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Distinguished Professor, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
Currently, my research deals with 7- and 12-parameter shell theories, nonlocal and non-classical continuum mechanics problems, and problems involving couple stresses (i,e, the development of nonlocal beam and plate theories using the ideas of Eringen, Mindlin, Koiter, and others), surface stress effects, discrete fracture and flow, micropolar cohesive damage, and continuum plasticity of metals from considerations of non-equilibrium thermodynamics - as they appear in blood flow, bones, and materials with hard inclusions and phases
- The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1974
- Ph.D. in Engineering Mechanics, University of Alabama in Huntsville - (Huntsville, Alabama, United States) 1974
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Oklahoma State University - (Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States) 1970
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Osmania University - (Hyderabad, India) 1968
- Dhaladhuli, P., Amirtham, R., & Reddy, J. N. (2021). Interaction between interfacial damage and crack propagation in quasi-brittle materials. Mechanics of Composite Materials and Structures. 1-22.
- Gomez, C., Guardia, A., Mantari, J. L., Coronado, A. M., & Reddy, J. N. (2021). A contemporary approach to the MSE paradigm powered by Artificial Intelligence from a review focused on Polymer Matrix Composites. Mechanics of Composite Materials and Structures. 1-21.
- Nampally, P., Ruocco, E., & Reddy, J. N. (2021). Bending analysis of functionally graded rectangular plates using the dual mesh control domain method. International Journal for Computational Methods in Engineering Science and Mechanics. 22(5), 1-14.
- Srinivasa, A. R., Shin, H. Y., Thamburaja, P., & Reddy, J. N. (2021). Multiple cracking model in a 3D GraFEA framework. Continuum Mechanics and Thermodynamics. 33(4), 1409-1428.
- Karthik, S., Rajagopal, A., & Reddy, J. N. (2021). Nonlocal phase field approach for modeling damage in brittle materials. Mechanics of Materials. 157, 103797-103797.
- Reddy, J. N. (2009). Mathematics. Eshbach's Handbook of Engineering Fundamentals. (pp. 159-307). John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
- Reddy, J. N., & Archiniega, R. A. (2007). Free vibration analysis of functionally graded ceramic-metal plates. Analysis and Design of Plated Structures: Dynamics. (pp. 293-321). Elsevier.
- Reddy, J. N., & Arciniega, R. A. (2006). Mechanical and thermal buckling of ceramic-metal plates. Analysis and Design of Plated Structures. (pp. 147-169). Elsevier.
- Olesen, K., Gervang, B., Reddy, J. N., & Gerritsma, M. (2017). Pointwise Force Equilibrium Preserving Spectral Element Method for Structural Problems. DOMAIN DECOMPOSITION METHODS IN SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING XIX. 119, 571-584.
- Moleiro, F., Mota Soares, C. M., Mota Soares, C. A., Araújo, A. L., & Reddy, J. N. (2017). Benchmark exact free vibration solutions for multilayered piezoelectric composite plates. 2017-January, 1042-1053.
- Kim, J., & Reddy, J. N. (2016). Modeling of Functionally Graded Smart Plates with Gradient Elasticity Effects. Mechanics of Composite Materials and Structures. 24(5), 0-00.
- Romanoff, J., Jelovica, J., Avi, E., Goncalves, B. R., Körgesaar, M., Raikunen, J., ... Varsta, P. (2016). Use of a equivalent single layer plate theory in ship structural design.
- Wen, J., Tu, S., Gao, X., & Reddy, J. N. (2014). New model for creep damage analysis and its application to creep crack growth simulations. Materials Science and Technology. 30(1), 32-37.
- Reddy, J. N., & Liu, C. F. (1987). HIGHER-ORDER THEORY FOR GEOMETRICALLY NONLINEAR ANALYSIS OF COMPOSITE LAMINATES.. (4056),
- Reddy, J. N. (1986). REFINED SHEAR DEFORMATION THEORY FOR THE ANALYSIS OF LAMINATED PLATES..
- Concrete and Composites Experiments and Modeling for Army Applications awarded by Department of Defense 2019 - 2024
- Gutierrez Rivera, Miguel Ernesto (2016-12). A Comparison Between 7- and 12-Parameter Shell Finite Elements for Large Deformation Analysis. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Kim, Wooram (2016-08). Improved Time Integration Algorithms for the Analysis of Structural Dynamics. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Sabz, Arash (2015-05). Nondestructive Level III Damage Evaluation and System Identification in Structures Based on the Rate of the Total Energy. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Rao, Ashwin (2014-05). Structural Thermomechanical Models for Shape Memory Alloy Components. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Ozsoy, Ovul Ozgu (2014-05). Investigation of Interfaces Under Mechanical and Thermal Loading Using a Cohesive Zone Model. (Doctoral Dissertation)