Dr. Jennifer Schleining is a board-certified large animal surgeon and large animal clinical educator at Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. She received a Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture from South Dakota State University in 1999 and graduated with her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Iowa State University in 2001. She then went on to complete an internship in equine medicine and surgery at Arizona Equine Medical and Surgical Centre in Gilbert, AZ. Prior to returning to Iowa State for a surgical residency, she spent time as an associate veterinarian in mixed animal practice in Ft. Pierre, South Dakota, was employed in equine practice at Southwest Equine Medical and Surgical Center in Scottsdale, AZ, and as a Large Animal Clinical Fellow at Oregon State University. She holds a Master's Degree in Veterinary Clinical Science with an emphasis in biomechanics and is currently a Clinical Associate Professor within the Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences. Dr. Schleining's professional interests include veterinary medical education, advancing surgical procedures and knowledge in large animals, communication and leadership development, and veterinary history.
- M.S. in Veterinary Clinical Science, Iowa State University - (Ames, Iowa, United States) 2009
- D.V.M. in , Iowa State University - (Ames, Iowa, United States) 2001
- B.S. in Agriculture, South Dakota State University - (Brookings, South Dakota, United States) 1999
- Warner, R., Kleinhenz, M. D., Ydstie, J. A., Schleining, J. A., Wulf, L. W., Coetzee, J. F., & Gorden, P. J. (2020). Randomized controlled trial comparison of analgesic drugs for control of pain associated with induced lameness in lactating dairy cattle. JOURNAL OF DAIRY SCIENCE.
- Smith, J. S., Krull, A. C., Schleining, J. A., Derscheid, R. J., & Kreuder, A. J. (2020). Clinical presentations and antimicrobial susceptibilities of Corynebacterium cystitidis associated with renal disease in four beef cattle. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine. 34(5), 2169-2174.
- Merkatoris, P., Schleining, J., Krull, A., Borts, D., & Fajt, V. (2020). In vitro Elution of Penicillin, Ampicillin, Tetracycline, Tulathromycin, and Florfenicol From Plaster of Paris Beads. Frontiers in Veterinary Science. 7, 585423.
- Copeland, A., Speckels, A., Merkatoris, P., Breuer, R. M., Schleining, J. A., & Smith, J. (2020). Laser ablation and management of a retropharyngeal abscess caused by Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis in a ram. Veterinary Record Case Reports. 8(2), e001010-e001010.
- Shivapour, S. K., Jackson, N. D., Schleining, J. A., Kreuder, A. J., Miles, K. G., & Jeffery, N. D. (2019). Surgical intervention for vertebral osteomyelitis in a calf. VETERINARY SURGERY. 48(6), 1064-1070.
- Warner, R., Kleinhenz, M., Ydstie, J., Schleining, J., Wulf, L., Coetzee, J., & Gorden, P. (2019). PSI-4 Comparison of analgesics for control of lameness-associated pain in lactating dairy cattle. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(Supplement_2), 162-163.