My primary research focus concerns the behavorial consequences of cost management system design and implementation.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Accounting, University of North Texas - (Denton, Texas, United States) 1994
- M.P.A. in Accounting, Jackson State University - (Jackson, Mississippi, United States) 1985
- B.S. in Accounting, Alcorn State University - (Fayette, Mississippi, United States) 1984
- Lowther, K. R., Strawser, J. A., McGowan, A. S., & Holmes, S. A. (2003). Measuring cost differences associated with aids patient heterogeneity: An examination of inequity in funding. Research in Healthcare Financial Management. 8(1), 77-93.
- McGowan, A. S., & Vendrzyk, V. P. (2002). The relation between cost shifting and segment profitability in the defense-contracting industry. ACCOUNTING REVIEW. 77(4), 949-969.
- Thorne, J., Holmes, S. A., McGowan, A. S., Strand, C. A., & Strawser, R. H. (2001). The relation between audit pricing and audit contract type: A public sector analysis. JOURNAL OF ACCOUNTING AND PUBLIC POLICY. 20(3), 189-215.
- McGowan, A. S. (1998). Perceived benefits of ABCM implementation. ACCOUNTING HORIZONS. 12(1), 31-50.
Texas A&M University; Dean Of Business Administration; 4113 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4353