Dr. Daigle specializes in evaluating management practices to optimize animal health, productivity, and welfare. The Daigle Lab quantifies behavior to develop and validate technologies designed to measure species specific behaviors important to health, welfare, and productivity.
- Ph.D. in Animal Science, Michigan State University - (East Lansing, Michigan, United States) 2013
- M.S. in Zoo and Aquarium Management, Michigan State University - (East Lansing, Michigan, United States) 2008
- Purdue University - (West Lafayette, Indiana, United States), Postdoctoral Training
- B.S. in Zoology, Oklahoma State University - (Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States) 2004
- Cooke, R. F., Daigle, C. L., Moriel, P., Smith, S. B., Tedeschi, L. O., & Vendramini, J. (2020). Cattle adapted to tropical and subtropical environments: social, nutritional, and carcass quality considerations. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 98(2),
- Daigle, C. L., Hubbard, A. J., & Grandin, T. (2020). The Use of Traditional Fear Tests to Evaluate Different Emotional Circuits in Cattle. Journal of visualized experiments : JoVE. (158),
- Hubbard, A. J., Carstens, G. C., Forehand, L., & Daigle, C. L. (2019). The Bovine Zero Maze: Development of a novel fear test for cattle. APPLIED ANIMAL BEHAVIOUR SCIENCE. 221, 104865-104865.
- Dickson, E. C., Kayser, W. C., Latham, C. M., Leatherwood, J. L., Daigle, C. L., & White, S. H. (2019). Corrigendum: Evaluating equine feeding behavior utilizing GrowSafe Systems: A pilot study (Translational Animal Science DOI: 10.1093/tas/txz002). Translational Animal Science. 3(2), 927-927.
- Ridge, E. E., Gill, R., & Daigle, C. L. (2019). Evaluation of the texas feed yard workforce: survey of stockperson attitudes and perceptions towards euthanasia, animal care and employee value. American Journal of Animal and Veterinary Sciences. 14(2), 139-150.
- Hubbard, A. J., Sawyer, J., Cooke, R. F., & Daigle, C. L. (2019). Impact of commingling on feedlot steer productivity. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97, 245-246.
- Park, R. M., Jennings, J. S., & Daigle, C. L. (2019). Impact of environmental enrichment on feedlot steer productivity and aggression. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97, 226-226.
- Daigle, C. L. (2019). Impact of labor issues on animal welfare. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97, 14-14.
- Meneses, X., Park, R. M., & Daigle, C. L. (2019). Impact of sociometric status on brush utilization in environmentally-enriched, feedlot. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97, 249-249.
- Daigle, C. L. (2019). Knowledge hybrid vigor: improving beef cattle management with the integration of environmental and behavioral technologies. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97, 12-12.