His research centers on the areas of irrigation, farming systems, water quality, new crops and renewable energy. Dr. Lacewell also serves as the leader of federal relations for Texas A&M AgriLife, leading a team to address initiatives, partnering and acting as liaison to federal agencies and Congress.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics, Oklahoma State University - (Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States) 1970
- M.S. in Agricultural Economics, Texas Tech University - (Amarillo, Texas, United States) 1964
- B.S. in Agricultural Economics, Texas Tech University - (Amarillo, Texas, United States) 1963
- Goolsby, J. A., Moran, P. J., Racelis, A. E., Summy, K. R., Martinez Jimenez, M., Lacewell, R. D., Perez de Leon, A., & Kirk, A. A. (2016). Impact of the biological control agent Tetramesa romana (Hymenoptera: Eurytomidae) on Arundo donax (Poaceae: Arundinoideae) along the Rio Grande River in Texas. BIOCONTROL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. (1), 47-60.
- Adusumilli, N., Lee, T., Rister, M. E., & Lacewell, R. D. (2014). The Economics of Mitigation of Water Pollution Externalities from Biomass Production for Energy. RESOURCES-BASEL. (4), 721-733.
- Gao, X., Birt, A., Ree, B., Lee, N., Calixto, A., Lacewell, R., & Harris, M. (2013). Producer Adoption and Economic Impact in Texas of the Belt-Wide Pecan ipmPIPE Program. Southwestern Entomologist. 38(1), 1-17.
- Leidner, A. J., Rister, M. E., Lacewell, R. D., Woodard, J. D., & Sturdivant, A. W. (2012). An analysis of input choice, input prices, and environmental factors on the costs of seawater reverse osmosis systems. DESALINATION. 48-55.
- Leidner, A. J., Rister, M. E., Lacewell, R. D., & Sturdivant, A. W. (2011). The Water Market for the Middle and Lower Portions of the Texas Rio Grande Basin. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN WATER RESOURCES ASSOCIATION. (3), 597-610.
- Rister, M. E., Lacewell, R. D., Lee, T., Srinivasan, R. S., Narasimhan, B., Wolfe, C., ... Owens, J. (2015). Economic Considerations in Selecting Best Management Practices for Watershed Management of Water Quality. JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 34(3), 546-546.
- Leidner, A. J., Rister, M. E., Sturdivant, A. W., Lee, T., Waidler, D., Seawright, E. K., ... Harris, B. L. (2010). Consideration of economics while identifying best management practices for watershed protection plans. ASABE - TMDL 2010: Watershed Management to Improve Water Quality. 349-357.
- Sheng, Z., Michelsen, A., Liu, Y., Creel, B., McGuckin, T., & Lacewell, R. (2010). Statistical Analysis of Flow Exchange and Salt Loading between the Rio Grande and Underlying Aquifers. World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2010, World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2010. 1002-1011.
- Sturdivant, A. W., Rister, M. E., & Lacewell, R. D. (2009). Improving Financial Planning and Rate Analyses for South Texas Irrigation Districts. JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 34(3), 540-540.
- Chowdhury, M. E., & Lacewell, R. D. (1995). Assessing costs of environmental policies and avoidance-cost estimates of benefits.. JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 20(2), 398-398.
- Wilbourn, Brant 1987- (2012-12). Economic Analysis of Alternative Irrigation Technologies: Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley. (Master's Thesis)
- Adusumilli, Naveen (2012-08). Economic Policy and Resource Implications of Biofuel Feedstock Production. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Leidner, Andrew (2012-05). Economic Essays on Water Resources Management of the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- McLaughlin, Will (2011-12). The Economic and Financial Implications of Supplying a Bioenergy Conversion Facility with Cellulosic Biomass Feedstocks. (Master's Thesis)
- Seawright, Emily Kaye (2009-08). Select Economic Implications for the Biological Control of Arundo donax along the Rio Grande. (Master's Thesis)