My interest, broadly put, is to better understand the role of self-regulation in our behavior and apply this to the field of education. Self-regulation refers to the ability to control your attention and emotions and this capacity is considered crucial for developing a cognitive and emotional competence.
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience; Developmental Science, University of Toronto - (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) 2012
- M.A. in Human Development and Applied Psychology, University of Toronto - (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) 2007
- M.Sc. in Psychology and Education, VU University Amsterdam - (Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands) 2002
- B.A. in Teacher Education, HZ University of Applied Sciences - (Flushing, Netherlands) 1998
- Lin, B., Prickett, C., & Woltering, S. (2021). Feasibility of using a biofeedback device in mindfulness training - a pilot randomized controlled trial. Pilot and Feasibility Studies. 7(1), 84.
- Shi, Q., Liew, J., Ettekal, I., & Woltering, S. (2021). Childhood resilient personality trajectories and associations with developmental trajectories of behavioral, social-emotional, and academic outcomes across childhood and adolescence: A longitudinal study across 12 years. Personality and Individual Differences. 177, 110789-110789.
- Nam, B., Paromita, P., Chu, S. L., Chaspari, T., & Woltering, S. (2021). Moments of Insight in Problem‐Solving Relate to Bodily Arousal. The Journal of Creative Behavior.
- Woltering, S., Chen, S., & Jia, Y. (2021). Neural Correlates of Attentional Bias to Food Stimuli in Obese Adolescents. Brain Topography. 34(2), 182-191.
- Shi, Q., Ettekal, I., Deutz, M., & Woltering, S. (2020). Trajectories of pure and co-occurring internalizing and externalizing problems from early childhood to adolescence: Associations with early childhood individual and contextual antecedents.. Developmental Psychology. 56(10), 1906-1918.
- Hermans, D., Rimé, B., & Mesquita, B. (2013). Changing Emotions. Changing Emotions. (pp. 37-+). Psychology Press.
- Woltering, S., & Lewis, M. D. (2010). Conceptual Development and Emotion: A Neuropsychological Perspective. The Wiley-Blackwell Handbook of Childhood Social Development. (pp. 45-63). Wiley-blackwell.
- Chu, S. L., Garcia, B., Quance, T., Geraci, L., Woltering, S., & Quek, F. (2016). Understanding Storytelling as a Design Framework for Cognitive Support Technologies for Older Adults. 24-33.
- Kim, S., Liu, Z., Glizer, D., Tannock, R., & Woltering, S. (2013). DO ADULTS WITH ATTENTION DEFICIT/ HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER HAVE PROBLEMS IN WORKING MEMORY?. JOURNAL OF COGNITIVE NEUROSCIENCE. 104-104.
- Rokeach, A., Woltering, S., Liu, Z., & Tannock, R. (2013). ELECTROPHYSIOLOGICAL DIFFERENCES IN INHIBITORY CONTROL BETWEEN ADHD ADULTS AND THEIR PEERS. JOURNAL OF COGNITIVE NEUROSCIENCE. 247-247.
- Texas A&M Announces 2020 Distinguished Graduate Student Award Recipients Texas A&M Today May 6, 2020
- Texas A&M College Of Education Shares Voices Of Impact Texas A&M Today February 7, 2020
- Fourth Annual Voices Of Impact Set For Feb.6 Texas A&M Today February 3, 2020