- Professor and Extension Specialist, Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communications, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
My research is focused on program development and evaluation, including an emphasis on behavioral change and
impacts. Specifically, this work includes relevant models of program development including logic models, and
various strategies of evaluation and interpretation efforts. Additional research focus includes work in strategic
planning and proposal writing. International work includes projects in Indonesia and Iraq.
- Dr.P.H. in , The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston - (Houston, Texas, United States) 1995
- B.S. in Health Education, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1985
- Gholson, D. M., Boellstorff, D. E., Cummings, S. R., Wagner, K. L., & Dozier, M. C. (2018). Consumer water quality evaluation of private and public drinking water sources. J Water Health. 16(3), 369-379.
- Ripley, J. P., Cummings, S. R., & Lockett, L. L. (2012). Leadership advisory boards in Texas: Their perceived ability and utilization as the visioning body for program development. Journal of Extension. 50(1),
- Archer, T. M., Warner, P. D., Miller, W., Clark, C. D., James, S., Cummings, S. R., & Adamu, U. (2007). Can we define and measure excellence in extension?. Journal of Extension. 45(1),
- Archer, T. M., Warner, P. D., Miller, W., Clark, C. D., James, S., Cummings, S. R., & Adamu, U. (2007). Excellence in extension: Two products for definition and measurement. Journal of Extension. 45(1),
- Cummings, S. R., & Boleman, C. T. (2006). We identified issues through stakeholder input - Now what?. Journal of Extension. 44(1), 281-286.
- Mears, Grace DeKoyer (2017-12). An Evaluation of the Retention of Texas A&M AgriLife Extension County Agents and Onboarding Practices. (Master's Thesis)
- Sugg Jr., James Delbert (2017-08). An Evaluation of Customer Satisfaction of the Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service Among Texas County Judges and Commissioners. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- McClure, Megan McGraw (2016-08). Leader Distance of Extension Specialists as Experienced During the Beef Cattle Short Course. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Postert, Brittney A. (2015-12). The Effects of the Texas Learn, Grow, Eat, Go! Program and the Influence on Knowledge, Attitudes, and Behavior of Children Regarding Physical Activity, Nutrition, and Perception of Health. (Master's Thesis)
- Johnston, Jessica Nichole (2015-08). Impacts of Livestock at Fairs on Public Perception of Animal Agriculture. (Master's Thesis)