education and training
- Ph.D. in Speech Communication, Indiana University Bloomington - (Bloomington, Indiana, United States) 1993
- M.A. in Speech Communication, California State University, East Bay - (Hayward, California, United States) 1988
- B.S. in Business Administration, California State University, East Bay - (Hayward, California, United States) 1980
- LeMire, S., Xu, Z., Hahn, D., Balester, V., & Dorsey, L. (2021). Assessing the Information Literacy Skills of First-Generation College Students. College & Research Libraries. 82(5), 730-730.
- Dorsey, L. G (2013). Managing Women's Equality: Theodore Roosevelt, the Frontier Myth, and the Modern Woman. Rhetoric & Public Affairs. 16(3), 423-456.
- Dorsey, L. G., & Harlow, R. M (2003). ‘We Want Americans Pure and Simple’: Theodore Roosevelt and the Myth of Americanism. Rhetoric and Public Affairs. 6, 55-78.
- Dorsey, L. G (2002). Re‐readingthe X‐files: The trickster in contemporary conspiracy myth. Western Journal of Communication. 66(4), 448-468.
- Dorsey, L. G (2000). Blood sacrifice and the nation: Totem rituals and the American flag.. QUARTERLY JOURNAL OF SPEECH. 86(2), 247-249.
- Dorsey, L. G (2016). Theodore Roosevelt, Conservation, and the 1908 Governors' Conference. Texas A&M University Press.
- Dorsey, L. G (2013). We Are All Americans, Pure and Simple Theodore Roosevelt and the Myth of Americanism. University of Alabama Press.
- Dorsey, L. G (2008). The Presidency and Rhetorical Leadership. Texas A&M University Press.
- Jackson, R. L., & Moshin, J. E (2012). Communicating Marginalized Masculinities. Communicating Marginalized Masculinities: Identity Politics in TV, Film, and New Media. 159-173. Routledge.
- Dorsey, L. G (2008). The Rhetorical Presidency and the Myth of the American Dream. Aune, J., & Medhurst, M. J. (Eds.), The Prospect of Presidential Rhetoric. Texas A&M University Press.
- Dorsey, L. G (2004). Preaching conservation: Theodore roosevelt and the rhetoric of civil religion. Green Talk in The White House: The Rhetorical Presidency Encounters Ecology. 37-61.
- Dorsey, L. G (1998). Nelson A. Rockefeller. Purcell, L. E. (Eds.), The Vice Presidents: A Biographical Dictionary. 362-372. Facts on File.
- Dorsey, L. G (1996). Shirley Anita St. Hill Chisholm. Leeman, R. (Eds.), African-American Orators of the 20th Century:A Bio-Critical Sourcebook. 22-31. Greenwood Publishing Group.
- Dorsey, L. G (2002). Afterword - Rhetorical leadership and presidential performance. PRESIDENCY AND RHETORICAL LEADERSHIP. (6), 252-256.
- Dorsey, L. G (2002). Introduction: The president as a rhetorical leader. PRESIDENCY AND RHETORICAL LEADERSHIP. (6), 3-19.
in the news
- President Young announces membership and charge of new Commission on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion The Battalion July 13, 2020
- Texas A&M Announces Members And Charge Of Commission On Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Texas A&M Today July 13, 2020
- Texas A&M announces members for Commission on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion KAGS TV July 13, 2020
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Campos, Kristina M. (2009-08). El Sueno Americano, Es Para Todos: An Analysis of the Rhetoric toward Latinos in the Presidential Campaigns of Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, 1992-2000. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Day, Danya Rhae (2008-05). From woman to chick: the rhetorical evolution of women in american film. (Master's Thesis)
- Rangel, Nicolas , Jr. (2007-08). Part of something larger than ourselves: George H.W. Bush and the rhetoric of the first U.S. war in the Persian Gulf. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Communication; 4234 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4234