My program focuses on understanding soil-plant water relations and root/shoot processes for crop management in water-limited cropping systems. The leading research areas include (a) understanding plant biotic and abiotic stresses associated with water deficit and plant adaptation processes; (b) analyzing crop systems and developing new technologies to minimize risk, improve productivity and enhance soil quality and water conservation. I am currently serving as a guest-lecturer to a new graduate course, \"Root Biology\", which is cross-listed in MEPS and HORT at Texas A&M, College Station.
- Dong, X., Peng, B., Liu, X., Qin, K., Xue, Q., & Leskovar, D. I. (2019). AN AUTOMATED CALCULATION OF PLANT ROOT DISTRIBUTION PARAMETERS BASED ON ROOT LENGTH DENSITY DATA. Applied Ecology and Environmental Research. 17(2), 3545-3552.
- Liu, X., Feakins, S. J., Dong, X., Xue, Q., Han, J., Marek, T., ... Ibrahim, A. (2019). Evaluating Leaf Wax and Bulk Leaf Carbon Isotope Surrogates for Water Use Efficiency and Grain Yield in Winter Wheat. CROP SCIENCE. 59(2), 718-732.
- Qin, K., Dong, X., Jifon, J., & Leskovar, D. I. (2019). Rhizosphere microbial biomass is affected by soil type, organic and water inputs in a bell pepper system. APPLIED SOIL ECOLOGY. 138, 80-87.
- Peng, B., Liu, X., Dong, X., Xue, Q., Neely, C. B., Marek, T., ... Rudd, J. C. (2019). Root morphological traits of winter wheat under contrasting environments. JOURNAL OF AGRONOMY AND CROP SCIENCE. 205(6), 571-585.
- Zhang, Y. J., Hou, M. Y., Xue, H. Y., Liu, L. T., Sun, H. C., Li, C. D., & Dong, X. J. (2018). Photochemical reflectance index and solar-induced fluorescence for assessing cotton photosynthesis under water-deficit stress. Biologia Plantarum. 62(4), 817-825.