Dr. Retnanto joined the Petroleum Engineering Program at Texas A&M University at Qatar in 2009. Dr. Retnanto teaches courses in well testing, petroleum production system, production engineering, petroleum technical presentation, natural gas engineering, and integrated asset development. He held a Principal position with Schlumberger and has more than 18 years of experience worldwide in both technical and management positions in the area of well testing, field development, and production enhancement. He has received the Performed by Schlumberger Bronze Award four times. He has served as the Review Chairman of SPE Drilling & Completion Journal and chair on several committees on SPE. He received the A Peer Apart SPE Award, which is dedicated to the technical excellence of authors to the industry. He received the AFS College-level Distinguished Achievement Award in Teaching in 2016, SGA Educator Award, SEC Best Faculty Award, and the Faculty of the Year Award in five times, and the Distinguished Teaching Award. He is a PETE undergraduate advisor, PETE ABET/SAC coordinator, Pi Epsilon Tau Honor Society advisor, and SPE TAMUQ Student Chapter advisor. He also serves as ABET Program Evaluator.
- Ph.D. in Petroleum Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1998
- M.E. in Petroleum Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1996
- B.S. in Petroleum Science, Institut Teknologi Bandung - (Bandung, Indonesia) 1990
- Sun, Q., Retnanto, A., & Amani, M. (2020). Seismic vibration for improved oil recovery: A comprehensive review of literature. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HYDROGEN ENERGY. 45(29), 14756-14778.
- El Cheikh Ali, N., Zoghbi, B., Fahes, M., Nasrabadi, H., & Retnanto, A. (2019). The impact of near-wellbore wettability on the production of gas and condensate: Insights from experiments and simulations. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. 175, 215-223.
- Gherryo, Y., Shatwan, M., Qiu, K., Marsden, R., Alexander, J., & Retnanto, A. (2009). A systematic approach to sand management. World Oil. 230(8), 73-78.
- Retnanto, A., & Economides, M. J. (1996). Performance of Multiple Horizontal Well Laterals in Low-to-Medium Permeability Reservoirs. SPE RESERVOIR ENGINEERING. 11(02), 73-78.
- Retnanto, A., Fadlelmula, M., Alyafei, N., & Sheharyar, A. (2019). Active Student Engagement in Learning - Using Virtual Reality Technology to Develop Professional Skills for Petroleum Engineering Education.
- Retnanto, A., & Idris, M. (2019). An energy harvesting alternative to wellhead gas chokes. Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management. 2019(MAR), 1290-1300.
- Retnanto, A., Parsaei, H. R., & Parsaei, B. (2019). Capacity building through strengthening professional skills in engineering graduates. HARMONY SEARCH ALGORITHM. 785, 146-150.
- Retnanto, A., Parsaei, H. R., & Parsaei, B. (2019). The role of program advisory board in elevating the degree program content. Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management. 2019(MAR), 739-741.