My research interest focuses on reducing health disparities in social determinants of health among vulnerable populations using mixed methodology. Specifically, my research focuses on examining how individual SES and psycho-social factors, behavioral, neighborhood environmental factors, and access to health services influence the physical and mental health in low income populations, maternal women, children, racial/ethnic minorities. In addition, I am also interested in developing innovative health behavioral interventions (e.g., smoking cessation) using smart phone and ecological momentary assessment (EMA) method.
- Hossain, M., Sultana, A., Tasnim, S., Fan, Q., Ma, P., McKyer, E., & Purohit, N. (2020). Prevalence of mental disorders among people who are homeless: An umbrella review. International Journal of Social Psychiatry. 66(6), 528-541.
- Hossain, M., Khan, N., Sultana, A., Ma, P., McKyer, E., Ahmed, H. U., & Purohit, N. (2020). Prevalence of comorbid psychiatric disorders among people with autism spectrum disorder: An umbrella review of systematic reviews and meta-analyses. Psychiatry Research. 287, 112922-112922.
- Hossain, M., Purohit, N., Sultana, A., Ma, P., McKyer, E., & Ahmed, H. U. (2020). Prevalence of mental disorders in South Asia: an umbrella review of systematic reviews and meta-analyses. Asian Journal of Psychiatry. 51, 102041-102041.
- Chen, L., Yeh, Y., Goodson, P., Zhao, S., Jung, E., Muenzenberger, A., Kwok, O., & Ma, P. (2019). Training Texas Public Health Professionals and Professionals-In-Training in Genomics. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF HEALTH PROMOTION. 33(8), 1159-1165.
- Suchting, R., Hébert, E. T., Ma, P., Kendzor, D. E., & Businelle, M. S. (2019). Using Elastic Net Penalized Cox Proportional Hazards Regression to Identify Predictors of Imminent Smoking Lapse.. Nicotine & Tobacco Research. 21(2), 173-179.