My research program is primarily focused on the central theme of inflammation as a prime modulator of lymphatic associated pathologies. One primary area of interest in my laboratory is to determine how an inflammatory tumor-lymphatic microenvironment contributes to cancer metastasis and progression. Lymph node metastasis is a prime prognostic indicator of tumor aggressiveness. Studies in my lab focus on the molecular interactions between the tumor cells and the surrounding microenvironment that promote lymph node metastasis. Further we are also interested in delineating the role of the microbiota in cancer progression and metabolic disorders.
- Lee, Y., Chakraborty, S., & Muthuchamy, M. (2020). Roles of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ ATPase pump in the impairments of lymphatic contractile activity in a metabolic syndrome rat model. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. 10(1), 12320.
- Kumaravel, S., Singh, S., Roy, S., Venkatasamy, L., White, T. K., Sinha, S., ... Chakraborty, S. (2020). CXCL11-CXCR3 axis mediates tumor lymphatic crosstalk and inflammation induced tumor promoting pathways in head and neck cancers. American Journal Of Pathology. 190(4), 900-915.
- Chakraborty, S., Venkatasamy, L., & Stallone, J. N. (2020). Sex Differences in Sepsis Survival Involve Effects of Gonadal Steroid Hormones. The FASEB Journal. 34(S1), 1-1.
- Roy, S., Kumaravel, S., Sharma, A., Duran, C. L., Bayless, K. J., & Chakraborty, S. (2020). Hypoxic tumor microenvironment: Implications for cancer therapy.. EXPERIMENTAL BIOLOGY AND MEDICINE. (13), 1535370220934038-153537022093403.
- Roy, S., Glaser, S., & Chakraborty, S. (2019). Inflammation and Progression of Cholangiocarcinoma: Role of Angiogenic and Lymphangiogenic Mechanisms. FRONTIERS IN MEDICINE. 6, 293.
- Muthuchamy, T., Lee, Y., Jayaraman, A., Alaniz, R. C., & Chakraborty, S. (2016). Bacterial Metabolite Indole Alters Inflammatory Signaling Cascades In Human Lymphatic Endothelial Cells. The FASEB Journal. 30,
- Chakraborty, S., Zawieja, S. D., Wei, W., Lee, Y., Zawieja, D. C., & Muthuchamy, M. (2014). LPS induced changes in immune cell recruitment and impairment of lymphatic contractility during inflammation. ANGIOGENESIS. 17(4), 944-944.
- Hooks, J., Caulk, A. W., Gleason, R. L., Chakraborty, S., Muthuchamy, M., & Dixon, J. B. (2014). The effects of substrate stiffness of lymphatic muscle cell phenotype in vitro. ANGIOGENESIS. 17(4), 965-965.
- Chakraborty, S., Zawieja, D. C., & Muthuchamy, M. (2013). LPS mediated decreases in immune cells recruitment on or near lymphatics impairs lymphatic contractility. The FASEB Journal. 27, 681.5-681.5.
- Muthuchamy, M., Chakraborty, S., Wu, X., Sarin, V., & Heaps, C. L. (2012). Exercise-Induced Changes in Mechanotransduction Improve Myocardial Function in a Porcine Model of Chronic Occlusion. CIRCULATION. 126(21),