The main focus of my research program is investigating the roles of environmental signals as conditioners of plant growth and development, and discovering the mechanisms through which they work. Current research interests include defining the pathways and mechanisms associated with the regulation of branch development by light signals (and other signals), using both crop and model species. I also have a broad interest in how phytohormones participate in the regulation of growth and development and stress responses.
- Lee, S., Zargar, O., Reiser, C., Li, Q., Muliana, A., Finlayson, S. A., Gomez, F. E., & Pharr, M. (2020). Time-dependent mechanical behavior of sweet sorghum stems. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials. 106, 103731-103731.
- Holalu, S. V., Reddy, S. K., Blackman, B. K., & Finlayson, S. A. (2020). PIF4 and PIF5 regulate axillary branching via bud abscisic acid and stem auxin signaling.. PLANT CELL AND ENVIRONMENT.
- Lei, J., Jayaprakasha, G. K., Singh, J., Uckoo, R., Borrego, E. J., Finlayson, S. A., ... Zhu-Salzman, K. (2019). CIRCADIAN CLOCK-ASSOCIATED1 controls resistance to aphids by altering indole glucosinolate production.. Plant Physiol. 181(3), 1344-1359.
- Liu, R., & Finlayson, S. A. (2019). Sorghum tiller bud growth is repressed by contact with the overlying leaf.. PLANT CELL AND ENVIRONMENT.
- Pucciariello, O., Legris, M., Rojas, C. C., Iglesias, M. J., Hernando, C. E., Dezar, C., ... Casal, J. J. (2018). Rewiring of auxin signaling under persistent shade. PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA-BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES. 115(21), 5612-5617.
- Spiers, J. D., Davies, F. T., Finlayson, S. A., He, C., Heinz, K. M., & Starman, T. W. (2006). The effects of fertilization on constitutive and wound-induced levels of total phenolics and jasmonic acid in Gerbera jamesonii. HORTSCIENCE. 41(4), 1035-1035.
- Morgan, P. W., Drew, M. C., Jordan, W. R., He, C. J., Huang, Y. F., Finlayson, S. A., Finkelstein, D. B., & Wing, R. A. (1997). Ethylene signal transduction and programmed cell death during aerenchyma formation in maize roots.. Plant Physiol. 114(3), 31003-31003.
- Finlayson, S. A., Lee, I. J., Creelman, R. A., Mullet, J. E., & Morgan, P. W. (1997). Phytochrome B and the regulation of circadian ethylene rhythms in sorghum by environmental signals.. Plant Physiol. 114(3), 1477-1477.
- Finlayson, S. A., Lee, I. J., & Morgan, P. W. (1996). Regulation of circadian ethylene rhythms by phytochrome B in sorghum bicolor.. Plant Physiol. 111(2), 73-73.
- Morgan, P. W., Childs, K. L., Foster, K. R., Lee, I. J., Finlayson, S. A., Ulanch, P. E., Mullet, J. E., & Miller, F. R. (1996). Sorghum mutants and photoperiodic flowering. 17, 180-188.
- Holalu, Srinidhi V (2014-05). Phytochrome B Controls Shoot Architecture by Regulating Phytochrome Interacting Factors and Phytohormones. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Abernathy, Scott (2014-05). The Molecular and Physiological Basis for Temperature Mediated Regulation of Dwarfness in Tifdward Bermudagrass. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Yao, Chi (2013-12). Abscisic Acid Regulation of Branching. (Master's Thesis)
- Krishnareddy, Srirama R. (2011-05). Regulation of Branching by Phytochrome and Phytohormones. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mani, Dhananjay (2008-08). Characterization and genetic analysis of a very high tillering and dwarf rice (Oryza sativa L.) mutant. (Master's Thesis)