- Executive Associate Dean, College of Engineering, Texas A&M University
- James and Ada Forsyth Professor, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Faculty Affiliate, Energy Institute, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES), Division of Research
- Associate Director, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES), Texas A&M University
My research focuses on condensation heat transfer, numerical heat transfer and fluid flow, numerical techniques, heat exchangers, porous media, and aerosols. We have a Computational Heat Transfer Laboratory (CHTL) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Texas A&M University. The laboratory's vision is to impact today's technology and academics in the area of heat transfer and fluid dynamics by quality research and study.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University - (West Lafayette, Indiana, United States) 1983
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Kansas State University - (Manhattan, Kansas, United States) 1979
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Bangalore University - (Bengaluru, Karnataka, India) 1978
- Muyshondt, R., Nguyen, T., Hassan, Y. A., & Anand, N. K. (2021). Experimental Measurements of the Wake of a Sphere at Subcritical Reynolds Numbers. 143(6),
- Muyshondt, R., Nguyen, D., Hassan, Y., & Anand, N. (2021). Experimental study on the effect of localized blockages on the friction factor of a 61-pin wire-wrapped bundle. 143(6),
- Muyshondt, R., Anand, N. K., Hassan, Y. A., & Nguyen, T. (2021). Flow and heat transfer in the wake of a triangular arrangement of spheres. 33(11), 115127-115127.
- Fullerton, T. L., & Anand, N. K. (2021). Study of Compact Heat Exchangers Operating in Self-Sustained Oscillatory Flows. 13(4),
- Delgado, M., Porter, G. A., Hassan, Y. A., & Anand, N. K. (2020). Experimental shell-side surface pressure measurements on tubes within a model helical coil heat exchanger. 370, 110906-110906.
- Anand, N.K. [Texas A and M Univ., College Station, TX (United States). Dept. of Mechanical Engineering], .., & Kim, S.H. [Kei Muyung Univ., Taegu (Korea, Republic of). Dept. of Mechanical Engineering], .. (1996). Heat transfer in channels simulating cooling passages of electronic components. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, New York, NY (United States).
- Alwafi, A., Nguyen, D., Hassan, Y., & Anand, N. (2020). V&V Benchmark Problem #2 - Single jet computational fluid dynamics (CFD) numerical model validation.
- Alwafi, A., Hassan, Y., Nguyen, T., & Anand, N. K. (2019). Investigation of the flow near the wall of a single impinging jet at the scaled upper plenum of HTGR using TR-PIV. 2019-May(0),
- Muyshondt, R., Nguyen, T., Hassan, Y., & Anand, N. K. (2019). High-Fidelity Velocity Measurements in a Cross-flow Plane of a Randomly Packed Bed Using Timeresolved Particle Image Velocimetry. The Proceedings of the International Conference on Nuclear Engineering (ICONE). 2019.27(0), 2389-2389.
- Li, H., Anand, N. K., & Hassan, Y. A. (2018). Large eddy simulations on turbulent flow of twin parallel jets. 2018-May, 1234-1237.
- Li, H., Anand, N. K., & Hassan, Y. A. (2018). Large eddy simulations on turbulent flow of twin parallel jets. 118, 1234-1237.
- Hall of Fame conferred by Kansas State University - (Manhattan, Kansas, United States) 2011
- Alwafi, Anas Mohammed F (2021-05). Experimental Measurements of Fluid Mixing at the Scaled Upper Plenum of High Temperature Gas Cooled Reactors. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Chavez Jr, Reynaldo (2020-08). Experimental Investigation of Solid and Liquid Aerosol Transport in a Horizontal Square Channel. (Master's Thesis)
- Lai, Jonathan K. (2019-05). QUANTIFICATION OF TURBULENT CHARACTERISTICS USING HIGH FIDELITY COMPUTATIONAL FLUID DYNAMICS FOR HEAT EXCHANGER APPLICATIONS. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Li, Han (2018-12). Computational Study of Interaction of Twin Rectangular Jets. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Park, Jae Hyung (2016-08). Natural Circulation in the Upper Plenum of a Scaled Model of a Very High Temperature Reactor in the Event of Loss-of-Coolant Accident. (Doctoral Dissertation)