Dr. Zhu's research areas are production, well stimulation, intelligent well and complex well-performance optimization. She has been a PI for many government-funded projects and JIPs. Dr. Zhu is author of more than 130 technical papers, co-author of the text book Petroleum Production Systems, and co-author of a Society of Petroleum Engineers' (SPE) book, Multilateral Wells. She was a Distinguished Lecturer for SPE in 2012-2013. She has been a committee member and chairperson for many conferences and events with SPE, and is currently an associate editor for the SPE Production and Operation Journal. She is a Distinguished Member of SPE.
- Ph.D. in Petroleum Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States) 1992
- M.S. in Petroleum Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States) 1988
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Beijing University of Technology - (Beijing, Beijing, China) 1982
- Dong, K., Zhu, D., & Hill, A. D. (2018). Mechanism of wormholing and its optimal conditions: A fundamental explanation. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. 169, 126-134.
- Dong, K., Zhu, D., & Hill, A. D. (2018). The role of temperature on optimal conditions in dolomite acidizing: An experimental study and its applications. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. 165, 736-742.
- Dong, K., Zhu, D., & Hill, A. D. (2017). Theoretical and Experimental Study on Optimal Injection Rates in Carbonate Acidizing. SPE Journal. 22(3), 892-901.
- Cui, J., Zhu, D., & Jin, M. (2016). Diagnosis of production performance after multistage fracture stimulation in horizontal wells by downhole temperature measurements. SPE Production & Operations. 31(4), 280-288.
- Cui, J., Yang, C., Zhu, D., & Datta-Gupta, A. (2016). Fracture diagnosis in multiple-stage-stimulated horizontal well by temperature measurements with fast marching method. SPE Journal. 21(6), 2289-2300.
- Ugursal, A., Zhu, D., & Hill, A. D. (2019). Development of Acid Fracturing Model for Naturally Fractured Reservoirs. SPE Production & Operations. 34(4), 735-748.
- Enriquez-Tenorio, O., Knorr, A. F., Zhu, D., & Hill, A. D. (2019). Relationships Between Mechanical Properties and Fracturing Conductivity for the Eagle Ford Shale. SPE Production & Operations. 34(2), 318-331.
- Schwalbert, M. P., Zhu, D., & Hill, A. D. (2019). Skin-Factor Equations for Anisotropic Wormhole Networks and Limited-Entry Completions. SPE Production & Operations. 34(3), 586-602.
- Ndonhong, V., Belostrino, E., Zhu, D., Hill, A. D., Beckham, R. E., & Shuchart, C. E. (2018). Acid Jetting in Carbonate Rocks: An Experimental Study. SPE Production & Operations. 33(2), 382-392.
- Ndonhong, V., Zhu, D., & Hill, A. D. (2018). Acid jetting on carbonate rocks: A computational fluid dynamics study at laboratory scale.