Dr. Zhu's research areas are production, well stimulation, intelligent well and complex well-performance optimization. She has been a PI for many government-funded projects and JIPs. Dr. Zhu is author of more than 130 technical papers, co-author of the text book Petroleum Production Systems, and co-author of a Society of Petroleum Engineers' (SPE) book, Multilateral Wells. She was a Distinguished Lecturer for SPE in 2012-2013. She has been a committee member and chairperson for many conferences and events with SPE, and is currently an associate editor for the SPE Production and Operation Journal. She is a Distinguished Member of SPE.
- Ph.D. in Petroleum Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States) 1992
- M.S. in Petroleum Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States) 1988
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Beijing University of Technology - (Beijing, Beijing, China) 1982
- Sakaida, S., Zhu, D., & Hill, A. D. (2021). Completion Effects on Diagnosing Multistage Facture Treatments with Distributed Temperature Sensing. SPE Production & Operations. 36(01), 160-173.
- Zhu, D., Hill, D., Ugursal, A., Shuchart, C., Purdy, C., Weissenberger, M., & Uribe, J. (2021). A modified acid system to enhance carbonate matrix acid stimulation: An experimental study.
- Pakhotina, I., Sakaida, S., Zhu, D., & Hill, A. D. (2020). Diagnosing Multistage Fracture Treatments with Distributed Fiber-Optic Sensors. SPE Production & Operations. 35(04), 0852-0864.
- Aljawad, M. S., Schwalbert, M. P., Zhu, D., & Hill, A. D. (2020). Optimizing Acid Fracture Design in Calcite Formations: Guidelines Using a Fully Integrated Model. SPE PRODUCTION & OPERATIONS. 35(1), 161-177.
- Aljawad, M. S., Zhu, D., & Hill, A. D. (2019). Modeling Study of Temperature and Fracture-Propagation Effects on the Fracture-Surface Dissolution Patterns and Fractured-Well Productivity in Acid Fracturing. SPE Production & Operations. 34(04), 749-769.
- Jin, X., Zhu, D., Hill, A. D., & McDuff, D. (2020). Effects of Heterogeneity in Mineralogy Distribution on Acid-Fracturing Efficiency. SPE PRODUCTION & OPERATIONS. 35(1), 147-160.
- Ridner, D., Frick, T., Zhu, D., Hill, A. D., Angeles, R., Vishnumolakala, N., & Shuchart, C. (2020). Influence of Transport Conditions on Optimal Injection Rate for Acid Jetting in Carbonate Reservoirs. SPE PRODUCTION & OPERATIONS. 35(1), 137-146.
- Zhang, S., & Zhu, D. (2020). Inversion of Downhole Temperature Measurements in Multistage-Fracturing Stimulation of Horizontal Wells in Unconventional Reservoirs. 35(2), 231-244.
- Ugursal, A., Zhu, D., & Hill, A. D. (2019). Development of Acid Fracturing Model for Naturally Fractured Reservoirs. SPE Production & Operations. 34(04), 735-748.
- Schwalbert, M. P., Zhu, D., & Hill, A. D. (2019). Skin-Factor Equations for Anisotropic Wormhole Networks and Limited-Entry Completions. SPE PRODUCTION & OPERATIONS. 34(3), 586-602.