Bordovsky is interested in developing tools and management systems that assist in the transition from irrigated to dryland agriculture.
Our primary irrigation water source is the Ogallala aquifer which is not confined to the Southern High Plains of Texas. Solutions to current and future water challenges have to be addressed from a regional (multi-state) perspective. This project provides that opportunity.
- Wheeler, T. A., Bordovsky, J. P., Keeling, J. W., Keeling, W., & McCallister, D. (2020). The effects of tillage system and irrigation on Verticillium wilt and cotton yield. Crop Protection. 137, 105305-105305.
- Kothari, K., Ale, S., Bordovsky, J. P., Porter, D. O., Munster, C. L., & Hoogenboom, G. (2020). Potential benefits of genotype-based adaptation strategies for grain sorghum production in the Texas High Plains under climate change. European Journal of Agronomy. 117, 126037-126037.
- Kothari, K., Ale, S., Bordovsky, J. P., & Munster, C. L. (2020). Assessing the Climate Change Impacts on Grain Sorghum Yield and Irrigation Water Use under Full and Deficit Irrigation Strategies. Transactions of the ASABE. 63(1), 81-94.
- Ale, S., Omani, N., Himanshu, S. K., Bordovsky, J. P., Thorp, K. R., & Barnes, E. M. (2020). Determining Optimum Irrigation Termination Periods for Cotton Production in the Texas High Plains. Transactions of the ASABE. 63(1), 105-115.
- Bordovsky, J. P., & Mustian, J. T. (2020). Evaluation of Cotton Establishment Strategies Using Subsurface Drip Irrigation (SDI) in the Southern High Plains of Texas. APPLIED ENGINEERING IN AGRICULTURE. 36(6), 891-904.
- Bordovsky, J. P. (2018). Low Energy Precision Application (LEPA) Irrigation Method, a Forty-year Review.
- Bordovsky, J. P., Mustian, J. T., & Porter, D. O. (2016). Investigating SDI Design, Installation, and Management Practices for Improved Row Crop Production in the Texas South Plains: A 15 Year Review of Research.
- Bordovsky, J. P., Winters, D., & Mustian, J. T. (2015). Cotton response in non-traditional crop rotations at low irrigation levels. 1-9.
- Porter, D. O., Rogers, D., Brauer, D., Marek, T. H., Gowda, P. H., Lamm, F., Bordovsky, J., & Howell, T. A. (2015). Promoting efficient water management through effective outreach education in the High Plains and beyond: Role of the Ogallala Aquifer Program. 401-411.
- Bordovsky, J. P., Emerson, C., & Mustian, J. T. (2012). Irrigation interval effects on cotton production using subsurface drip systems. 2, 1375-1384.
- Lyle, W. M., Bordovsky, J. P., & Butler, M. A. (1990). Row crop planting apparatus for mobile pipe span-and-tower irrigation systems.
- Lyle, W., Bordovsky, J., & Butler, M. (1990). Distribution manifold for mobile span-and-tower irrigation systems.