education and training
- Engle, B. N., Herring, A. D., Sawyer, J. E., Riley, D. G., Sanders, J. O., & Gill, C. A. (2018). Genome-wide association study for stayability measures in Nellore-Angus crossbred cows.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96(4), 1205-1214.
- Smith, S. B., Blackmon, T. L., Sawyer, J. E., Miller, R. K., Baber, J. R., Morrill, J. C., Cabral, A. R., & Wickersham, T. A. (2018). Glucose and acetate metabolism in bovine intramuscular and subcutaneous adipose tissues from steers infused with glucose, propionate, or acetate.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96(3), 921-929.
- Daigle, C., Mathias, A., Ridge, E., Wickersham, T., Gill, R., & Sawyer, J. (2018). PSIX-12 Meta-analysis of exercise programs implemented in the research and commercial environments that were designed to enhance Bos indicus influence cattle welfare upon entry to a feedlot.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96(suppl_3), 11-11.
- Long, J., Sawyer, J., Wickersham, T., Long, C., Trubenbach, L., & Satterfield, M. (2018). PSVII-5 Nutritional programming of prenatal beef heifer development and postnatal performance.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96(suppl_3), 58-59.
- MacConnell, E., Trubenbach, L., Wickersham, T., Sawyer, J., & Satterfield, M. (2018). PSVII-6 Relationship between placentome location and gene expression in bovine pregnancy.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96(suppl_3), 59-59.
- Kerth, C. R., Wall, K. R., Smith, S. B., Whitney, T. R., Glasscock, J. L., & Sawyer, J. T. (2018). Substituting ground woody plants for cottonseed hulls in lamb feedlot diets: carcass characteristics, adipose tissue fatty acid composition, and sensory panel traits.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96(2), 487-497.
- Tolleson, M. W., Gill, C. A., Herring, A. D., Riggs, P. K., Sawyer, J. E., Sanders, J. O., & Riley, D. G. (2017). Association of udder traits with single nucleotide polymorphisms in crossbred – cows. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 95(6), 2399-2407.
- Runyan, C. A., Downey-Slinker, E. D., Ridpath, J. F., Hairgrove, T. B., Sawyer, J. E., & Herring, A. D. (2017). Feed Intake and Weight Changes in Bos indicus-Bos taurus Crossbred Steers Following Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus Type 1b Challenge Under Production Conditions. PATHOGENS. 6(4), 66-66.
- Daigle, C. L., Jackson, B., Gill, R., Wickersham, T. A., & Sawyer, J. E. (2017). Impact of exercise on productivity, behavior, and immune functioning of weaned Bos indicus–cross calves housed in drylots. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 95(12), 5230-5239.
- Hartz, C. J., Coverdale, J. A., Bradbery, A. N., Millican, A. A., Fikes, K., Goehring, M. S., ... Wickersham, T. A. (2017). Influence of supplementation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation product to horses on acquired immunity using a novel vaccine challenge. Journal of Equine Veterinary Science. 52, 60-61.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Bell, Natasha LuRey (2015-05). Supplementation Strategies to Improve Efficiency of Forage Utilization and Mitigate Enteric Methane Production in Bos indicus and Bos taurus Cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Trubenbach, Levi Anthony (2014-12). Effects of Dietary Energy Density and Intake on Maintenance Energy Requirements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
- Word, Alyssa Brook (2014-08). Evaluation of Two Methods to Prevent Bovine Respiratory Disease in Growing Cattle. (Master's Thesis)
- Sugg, Joel D (2013-08). Evaluation of Intake Limiting Agents in a Self-fed Dried Distillers' Supplement. (Master's Thesis)
- Orsak, Andrew Nathan (2010-12). Evaluation of High-intensity and Low-intensity Preconditioning Systems. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Animal Science; 2471 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2471