Our laboratory is studying the molecular mechanisms of innate immune recognition by identification and analysis of receptors involved in innate immune recognition and activated signaling pathways. We are particularly interested in the recently identified family of Toll-like receptors, which play a critical role in the mounting of innate immune responses. We wish to understand the mechanisms by which TLRs recognize different pathogen associate molecular patterns (PAMPs), as well as the regulatory mechanisms of TLR signal pathways that lead to NF- k B activation. We are also interested in studying the important links between chronic infection, inflammation and cancer by utilizing biochemical as well as whole animal approaches.
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute - (Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2005
- Yale University - (New Haven, Connecticut, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2001
- Ph.D. in Oncology/Cell Biology, University of Hong Kong - (Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China) 1998
- M.D. in Internal Medicine, Harbin University - (Harbin, China) 1993
- B.S. in Medical Science, Harbin University - (Harbin, China) 1988
- Zhang, J., Zhang, J., Xu, S., Zhang, X., Wang, P., Wu, H., ... Pang, D. a. (2018). Hypoxia-Induced TPM2 Methylation is Associated with Chemoresistance and Poor Prognosis in Breast Cancer.. Cell Physiol Biochem. 45(2), 692-705.
- Lu, Y., Li, X., Liu, S., Zhang, Y., & Zhang, D (2018). Toll-like Receptors and Inflammatory Bowel Disease.. Front Immunol. 9(JAN), 72.
- Xia, B., Shan, M., Wang, J. i., Zhong, Z., Geng, J., He, X., ... Pang, D. a (2017). Homeobox A11 hypermethylation indicates unfavorable prognosis in breast cancer.. Oncotarget. 8(6), 9794-9805.
- Sun, L., Li, Y., Jia, X., Wang, Q. i., Li, Y., Hu, M., ... Ren, H. (2017). Neuroprotection by IFN- via astrocyte-secreted IL-6 in acute neuroinflammation.. Oncotarget. (25),
- Zhang, G., Xia, B., Liu, T., Zhang, J., Niu, M., Xu, S., ... Pang, D. a (2016). A High-Quality Biobank Supports Breast Cancer Research in Harbin, China.. Biopreserv Biobank. 14(5), 375-382.