education and training
- Ellis, G. D., Jiang, J., Freeman, P. A., Lacanienta, A., & Jamal, T. (2020). Leisure as immediate conscious experience: Foundations, evaluation, and extension of the theory of structured experiences. Journal of Leisure Research. 51(5), 581-600.
- Ellis, G. D., Jiang, J., Freeman, P. A., Lacanienta, A., & J. Ellis, E. (2020). In Situ Engagement During Structured Leisure Experiences: Conceptualization, Measurement, and Theory Testing. Leisure Sciences. 1-19.
- Melton, K. K., & Ellis, G. D. (2019). Measurement of Time Involvement in Family Activities: Alternative Scaling Procedures for the Family Leisure Activity Profile. Leisure Sciences. 41(6), 535-541.
- Ellis, G. D., Freeman, P. A., Jamal, T., & Jiang, J. (2019). A theory of structured experience. Annals of Leisure Research. 22(1), 97-118.
- Ellis, G. D., Lacanienta, A., Freeman, P. A., & Hill, B. J. (2019). Evaluating theory of structured experience propositions: effects of service quality and experience industry techniques on quality of immediate leisure experiences. Annals of Leisure Research. 22(5), 587-606.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Lacanienta, Andrew (2018-12). Testing Select Propositions About Absorption from the Theory of Structured Experience. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Taggart, Allen S (2017-12). Improving Point-of-Service Quality of Youth Programs Through Structuring the Immediate Experience. (Master's Thesis)
- Ryu, Jungsu (2017-08). Eudaimonic Behaviors, Leisure Activity and Well-Being of Older Adults within the Context of Daily Life. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Stricklin, Melyssa-Anne Kaitlin (2016-05). Effect of Event Staging Strategies on Quality of Experience. (Master's Thesis)
- Melton, Karen (2014-08). Advancing Measurement of Family Leisure. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Recreation, Parks & Tourism Science; 2261 TAMU
College Station, TX 77845