Dani Selva's research interests are somewhere between the intersection and the union of space systems, artificial intelligence, and engineering system design. Ultimately, Dani is most inspired by two things: everything space, and the Systems scientists of the 1970's such as Herbert Simon who conducted multi-disciplinary research at the intersection of artificial intelligence, cognitive psychology, economics, statistics, and decision analysis.
- Ph.D. in Aeronautics and Astronautics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology - (Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States) 2012
- B.S. in Electrical (Telecommunications) Engineering, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya - (Barcelona, Spain) 2004
- M.S. in Aerospace Engineering, National Higher School of Aeronautics and Space - (Toulouse, France) 2004
- Bang, H., & Selva, D. (2020). Discovering generalized design knowledge using a multi-objective evolutionary algorithm with generalization operators. Expert Systems with Applications. 143, 113025-113025.
- Pereira, F., & Selva, D. (2020). Tradespace analysis of GNSS Space Segment Architectures. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON AEROSPACE AND ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS. PP(99), 1-1.
- Martin, A., & Selva, D. (2020). Daphne: A Virtual Assistant for Designing Earth Observation Distributed Spacecraft Missions. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing. 13, 30-48.
- Buzzi, P. G., Selva, D., Hitomi, N., & Blackwell, W. J. (2019). Assessment of constellation designs for earth observation: Application to the TROPICS mission. Acta Astronaut. 161, 166-182.
- Gallud, X., & Selva, D. (2018). Agent‐based simulation framework and consensus algorithm for observing systems with adaptive modularity. SYSTEMS ENGINEERING. 21(5), 432-454.
- Shi, Y., Bang, H., Hoffman, G., Selva, D., & Yoon, S. (2019). Cognitive Style and Field Knowledge in Complex Design Problem-Solving: A Comparative Case Study of Decision Support Systems. Design Computing and Cognition '18. (pp. 341-360). Springer International Publishing.
- Bang, H., Shi, Y., Hoffman, G., Yoon, S., & Selva, D. (2019). Exploring the Feature Space to Aid Learning in Design Space Exploration. Design Computing and Cognition '18. (pp. 195-212). Springer International Publishing.
- Law, M. V., Dhawan, N., Bang, H., Yoon, S., Selva, D., & Hoffman, G. (2019). Side-by-Side Human–Computer Design Using a Tangible User Interface. Design Computing and Cognition '18. (pp. 155-173). Springer International Publishing.
- Buzzi, P. G., & Selva, D. (2020). Evolutionary formulations for design of heterogeneous Earth observing constellations. 00, 1-10.
- Viros Martin, A., & Selva, D. (2020). Explanation Approaches for the Daphne Virtual Assistant.
- Pereira, F., & Selva, D. (2020). Exploring the Design Space of Lunar GNSS in Frozen Orbit Conditions. 00, 444-451.
- Santini De Leon, S., Selva, D., & Way, D. W. (2020). Interactive Explanation of Entry, Descent, and Landing Simulations.
- Dutta, P., Balcells-Quintana, O., Viros Martin, A., Whittle, R., Josan, P. K., Beebe, N., ... Selva, D. (2020). Virtual Assistant for Anomaly Treatment in Long Duration Exploration Missions.