My research covers topics in Corporate Governance, International Financial Reporting Standards, Earnings Management, Accounting Conservatism, and Behavioral Finance.
education and training
- Ahmed, A. S., & Iwasaki, T. (2021). Foreign ownership, appointment of independent directors, and firm value: Evidence from Japanese firms. Journal of International Accounting Auditing and Taxation. 43, 100401-100401.
- Ahmed, A. S., Li, Y., & Xu, N. (2020). Tick Size and Financial Reporting Quality in Small‐Cap Firms: Evidence from a Natural Experiment. 58,
- AHMED, A. S., LI, Y., & XU, N. (2020). Tick Size and Financial Reporting Quality in Small‐Cap Firms: Evidence from a Natural Experiment. Journal of Accounting Research. 58(4), 869-914.
- Ahmed, A. S., Chen, L. H., Duellman, S., & Sun, Y. (2020). Target's Accounting Conservatism and the Gains from Acquisition.
- Ahmed, A. S., Neel, M. J., & Safdar, I. (2019). Accounting Comparability and the Mispricing of Asset Growth, Accruals and Earnings.
- Ahmed, A. S., & Jr, S. (2007). The impact of Regulation Fair Disclosure on investors' prior information quality - Evidence from an analysis of changes in trading volume and stock price reactions to earnings announcements. JOURNAL OF CORPORATE FINANCE. 13(2-3), 282-299.
in the news
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Grady, Megan Elizabeth (2020-08). Friends in High Places: An Empirical Analysis of Political Connections, Corruption, and Voluntary Disclosure. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Vakil, Tara Leanne (2019-08). Can Disaggregation in the Financial Statements Enhance the Credibility and Quality of Non-Gaap Disclosures?. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Needles, Abigail Marian (2018-08). Evidence on the Governance Role and Investment Strategy Performance of Boutique Institutional Investors. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- McMartin, Andrew Stephen (2016-08). The Disclosure Cost of SEC Registration and Market Unraveling: Evidence from Rule 144A and Yankee Bond Issues. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Safdar, Mohammad (2012-05). A Capital Market Test of Representativeness. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Head Of Accounting; 4353 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4353