My research covers topics in Corporate Governance, International Financial Reporting Standards, Earnings Management, Accounting Conservatism, and Behavioral Finance.
education and training
- Ahmed, A. S., Christensen, B. E., Olson, A. J., & Yust, C. G. (2019). Deja Vu: The Effect of Executives and Directors with Prior Banking Crisis Experience on Bank Outcomes around the Global Financial Crisis. CONTEMPORARY ACCOUNTING RESEARCH. 36(2), 958-998.
- Sharma, V. K., Gupta, A., Ahmed, A., & Verma, S. (2018). A review on role of biofuel in India- potential & technology. International Journal of Engineering and Technology(UAE). 7(4.39 Special Issue 39), 468-470.
- Ahmed, A., Verma, S., Sharma, V. K., & Gupta, A. (2018). An introduction to hybrid machining technology. International Journal of Engineering and Technology(UAE). 7(4.39 Special Issue 39), 454-456.
- Ahmed, A. S., & Safdar, I. (2018). Dissecting stock price momentum using financial statement analysis. Accounting & Finance.
- Ahmed, A. S., McMartin, A. S., & Safdar, I. (2018). Earnings volatility, ambiguity, and crisis-period stock returns. Accounting & Finance.
- Ahmed, A. S., & Jr, S. (2007). The impact of Regulation Fair Disclosure on investors' prior information quality - Evidence from an analysis of changes in trading volume and stock price reactions to earnings announcements. JOURNAL OF CORPORATE FINANCE. 13(2-3), 282-299.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Needles, Abigail Marian (2018-08). Evidence on the Governance Role and Investment Strategy Performance of Boutique Institutional Investors. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- McMartin, Andrew Stephen (2016-08). The Disclosure Cost of SEC Registration and Market Unraveling: Evidence from Rule 144A and Yankee Bond Issues. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Safdar, Mohammad (2012-05). A Capital Market Test of Representativeness. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Neel, Michael J. (2011-08). International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and the Institutional Environment: Their Joint Impact on Accounting Comparability. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Rasmussen, Stephanie Jean Binger (2009-08). Sell-in versus Sell-through Revenue Recognition: An Examination of Firm Characteristics and Financial Information Quality. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Head Of Accounting; 4353 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4353