Mccann, Ann individual record
Professor and Director of Planning & Assessment
- Professor and Director, School of Dentistry, Health Science Center
- Director of Planning & Assessment, Office of Academic Affairs, Texas A&M University
education and training
- Ph.D. in Educational Leadership and Higher Education, University of Nebraska–Lincoln - (Lincoln, United States) 2007
- M.S. in Allied Health Education, University of Detroit Mercy - (Detroit, Michigan, United States) 1988
- B.S. in Dental Hygiene, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States) 1971
- McCann, A. L., & Schneiderman, E. D. (2019). Creating a Supportive Educational Research Culture at a Dental School by Identifying Obstacles and Solutions.. J Dent Educ. 83(3), 265-274.
- Thompson, C. L., McCann, A. L., & Schneiderman, E. D (2017). Does the Texas First Dental Home Program Improve Parental Oral Care Knowledge and Practices?. Pediatr Dent. 39(2), 124-129.
- Classe-Cutrone, R. A., McCann, A. L., Campbell, P. R., DeWald, J. P., & Schneiderman, E. D. (2017). The Impact of Community Rotations on the Cultural Competence of Dental Hygiene Students in the State of Texas.. J Dent Hyg. 91(3), 22-30.
- Vu, M. T., McCann, A., Schneiderman, E., DeWald, J., Campbell, P., & Miller, B (2015). The Cultural Climate of Southwest Dental Colleges: Dentistry and Dental Hygiene.. J Dent Hyg. 89(1), 34-45.
- Hinton, R. J., McCann, A. L., Schneiderman, E. D., & Dechow, P. C. (2015). The winds of change revisited: progress towards building a culture of evidence-based dentistry.. J Dent Educ. 79(5), 499-509.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
- EDHP502 Assess & Eval In Education Instructor
- EDHP685 Directed Studies Instructor
- EDHP691 Research Instructor
- HCPI555 Ldrshp & Hlth Policy I: In-ab Instructor
- HCPI558 Survey Research: In-absentia Instructor
chaired theses and dissertations
- Classe, Rita (2015-12). The Impact of Community Rotations on the Cultural Competence of Texas Dental Hygiene Students. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University College of Dentistry; Academic Affairs; 3302 Gaston Avenue
Dallas, TX 75246