Dr. Cardoso's research interests focus on understanding the impact of the prenatal and early postnatal environments on reproductive neuroendocrine function in females using sheep and cattle as animal models to benefit both the livestock industry as well as human reproductive health. The Cardoso Lab integrates whole animal physiology with cellular and molecular biology to elucidate the mechanisms by which the perinatal environment can modulate several reproductive processes in the offspring. Dr. Cardoso's teaching interests range from practical reproductive management of livestock to advanced reproductive neuroendocrinology.
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2016
- D.V.M. in , Sao Paulo State University - (São Paulo, Brazil) 2005
- M.S. in Animal Reproduction, Sao Paulo State University - (São Paulo, Brazil)
- Ph.D. in Physiology of Reproduction, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2014
- Landers, R., Padmanabhan, V., & Cardoso, R. C. (2020). Developmental programming: gestational testosterone excess disrupts LH secretion in the female sheep fetus. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 18(1), 106.
- Cardoso, R. C., Codognoto, V. M., Lainetti, P. F., Yamada, P. H., Rizzoto, G., Salgado, L. C., ... Oba, E. (2020). Pregnancy rates and luteal phase characteristics of bovine embryo recipients treated with flunixin meglumine. ARQUIVO BRASILEIRO DE MEDICINA VETERINARIA E ZOOTECNIA. 72(4), 1085-1092.
- Stewart, J. L., Stella, S., Cunha, L. L., Dias, N. W., Canisso, I. F., Mercadante, V., ... Lima, F. S. (2020). Administration of nerve growth factor-β to heifers with a pre-ovulatory follicle enhanced luteal formation and function and promoted LH release.. THERIOGENOLOGY. 148, 37-47.
- Agostini, L. P., Dettogni, R. S., Dos Reis, R. S., Stur, E., Dos Santos, E., Ventorim, D. P., ... Louro, I. D. (2020). Effects of glyphosate exposure on human health: Insights from epidemiological and in vitro studies.. Science of The Total Environment. 705, 135808-135808.
- Cardoso, R. C., West, S. M., Maia, T. S., Alves, B., & Williams, G. L. (2020). Nutritional control of puberty in the bovine female: prenatal and early postnatal regulation of the neuroendocrine system.. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 106434-106434.
- Cardoso, R. C., & Williams, G. L. (2019). Neuroendocrine pathways and the nutritional control of puberty in heifers.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(Supplement_2), 119-119.
- Cardoso, R. C., Alves, B., & Williams, G. L. (2018). Neuroendocrine signaling pathways and the nutritional control of puberty in heifers. ANIMAL REPRODUCTION. 15(Suppl. 1), 868-878.
- Scarpa, J. O., O'Neil, M. M., Cardoso, R. C., Stanko, R. L., & Williams, G. L. (2017). Follicle dynamics and fertility at fixed-time AI of Bos indicus-influenced beef cows synchronized with the 5-Day Bee Synch plus Cidr protocol with or without GnRH on day. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 95(supplement4), 234-234.
- Cardoso, R. C., Puttabyatappa, M., & Padmanabhan, V. (2015). Steroidogenic versus metabolic programming of reproductive neuroendocrine, ovarian and metabolic dysfunctions. NEUROENDOCRINOLOGY. 102(3), 226-236.
- Cardoso, R. C., Alves, B., Prezotto, L. D., Thorson, J. F., Tedeschi, L. O., Keisler, D. H., ... Williams, G. L. (2014). Use of a stair-step compensatory gain nutritional regimen to program the onset of puberty in beef heifers. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 92(7), 2942-2949.
- De Souza Scarpa, Jose Oswaldo (2018-08). Comparison of Follicular and Luteal Dynamics in Protocols Developed for Synchronization of Ovulation in Bos indicus-Influenced Beef Cows: The Role of Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone at Treatment Onset. (Master's Thesis)