Dr. Huang is currently an Assistant Professor at the Center for Epigenetics and Disease Prevention, Institute of Biosciences & Technology, Texas A&M University. Her long-term goal is to elucidate the molecular basis of epigenetic changes in the human genome and to develop novel therapies by targeting aberrant DNA methylation and demethylation associated with human diseases, including cancer, immunoinflammatory and cardiovascular diseases.
Dr. Huang's laboratory is focused on elucidating the physiological and pathophysiological functions of TET2 protein and its 5-methylcytosine oxidation products (5hmC, 5fC and 5caC) in cancer and development (Nature Genet 2014; Trends in Genetics 2014).
- Kumar, J., Kaur, G., Ren, R., Lu, Y., Lin, K., Li, J., ... Cheng, X. (2020). KRAB domain of ZFP568 disrupts TRIM28-mediated abnormal interactions in cancer cells. NAR Cancer. 2(2), zcaa007-.
- Guo, L., Li, J., Zeng, H., Guzman, A. G., Li, T., Lee, M., ... Huang, Y. (2020). A combination strategy targeting enhancer plasticity exerts synergistic lethality against BETi-resistant leukemia cells.. Nature Communications. 11(1), 740.
- Ma, G., He, L., Liu, S., Xie, J., Huang, Z., Jing, J. i., ... Zhou, Y. (2020). Optogenetic engineering to probe the molecular choreography of STIM1-mediated cell signaling.. Nature Communications. 11(1), 1039.
- Haruehanroengra, P., Zheng, Y. Y., Zhou, Y., Huang, Y., & Sheng, J. (2020). RNA Modifications and Cancer.. RNA biology. 1-16.
- Jing, J. i., Liu, G., Huang, Y., & Zhou, Y. (2019). A molecular toolbox for interrogation of membrane contact sites.. Journal of Physiology. 598(9), 1725-1739.
- Ma, G., He, L., Jing, J., Tan, P., Huang, Y., & Zhou, Y. (2018). Engineered Cross-Linking to Study the Pore Architecture of the CRAC Channel. Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.). Methods in Molecular Biology. (pp. 147-166). Springer New York.
- He, L., Zhang, Q., Zhou, Y., & Huang, Y. (2017). Optogenetic approaches to control calcium entry in non-excitable cells. Calcium Entry Channels in Non-Excitable Cells. (pp. 145-160). CRC Press.
- Ma, G., Wen, S., Huang, Y., & Zhou, Y. (2017). The STIM-orai pathway: Light-operated Ca2+entry through engineered CRAC channels. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology. (pp. 117-138). Springer International Publishing.