Dr. Huang is currently an Assistant Professor at the Center for Epigenetics and Disease Prevention, Institute of Biosciences & Technology, Texas A&M University. Her long-term goal is to elucidate the molecular basis of epigenetic changes in the human genome and to develop novel therapies by targeting aberrant DNA methylation and demethylation associated with human diseases, including cancer, immunoinflammatory and cardiovascular diseases.
Dr. Huang's laboratory is focused on elucidating the physiological and pathophysiological functions of TET2 protein and its 5-methylcytosine oxidation products (5hmC, 5fC and 5caC) in cancer and development (Nature Genet 2014; Trends in Genetics 2014).
- He, L., Tan, P., Zhu, L., Huang, K., Nguyen, N. T., Wang, R., ... Zhou, Y. (2021). Circularly permuted LOV2 as a modular photoswitch for optogenetic engineering. Nature Chemical Biology. 1-9.
- Yang, J., Horton, J. R., Akdemir, K. C., Li, J., Huang, Y., Kumar, J., ... Cheng, X. (2021). Preferential CEBP binding to T:G mismatches and increased C-to-T human somatic mutations. Nucleic Acids Research. 49(9), gkab276--5094.
- He, L., Wang, L., Zeng, H., Tan, P., Ma, G., Zheng, S., ... Zhou, Y. (2021). Engineering of a bona fide light-operated calcium channel. Nature Communications. 12(1), 164.
- Guo, L., Lee, Y., Zhou, Y., & Huang, Y. (2021). Targeting epigenetic regulatory machinery to overcome cancer therapy resistance. Seminars in Cancer Biology.
- Li, J., Zhao, S., Lee, M., Yin, Y., Li, J., Zhou, Y., ... Sun, D. (2020). Reliable tumor detection by whole-genome methylation sequencing of cell-free DNA in cerebrospinal fluid of pediatric medulloblastoma. SCIENCE ADVANCES. 6(42), eabb5427-eabb5427.
- Ma, G., He, L., Jing, J. i., Tan, P., Huang, Y., & Zhou, Y. (2018). Engineered Cross-Linking to Study the Pore Architecture of the CRAC Channel. Methods in Molecular Biology. The CRAC Channel. (pp. 147-166). Springer New York.
- Ma, G., Wen, S., Huang, Y., & Zhou, Y. (2017). The STIM-Orai Pathway: Light-Operated Ca2+ Entry Through Engineered CRAC Channels. MATHEMATICAL MODELLING IN EXPERIMENTAL NUTRITION. Store-Operated Ca²⁺ Entry (SOCE) Pathways. (pp. 117-138). Springer International Publishing.
- He, L., Zhang, Q., Zhou, Y., & Huang, Y. (2017). Optogenetic approaches to control calcium entry in non-excitable cells. Calcium Entry Channels in Non-Excitable Cells. (pp. 145-160). CRC Press.
- Lee, M., Li, J., Li, J., Fang, S., Zhang, J., Vo, A., ... Huang, Y. (2021). Tet2 Inactivation Enhances the Antitumor Activity of Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes. CANCER RESEARCH. 81(8), 1965-1976.
- Scientists Develop Highly Effective Detection Strategy For Childhood Brain Tumors Texas A&M Today October 22, 2020
- Highly effective tumor detection strategy for common childhood brain tumors ScienceDaily October 21, 2020
- Reliable tumor detection by whole-genome methylation sequencing of cell-free DNA in cerebrospinal fluid of pediatric medulloblastoma Sciences Advances October 16, 2020