Dr. Huang is currently an Assistant Professor at the Center for Epigenetics and Disease Prevention, Institute of Biosciences & Technology, Texas A&M University. Her long-term goal is to elucidate the molecular basis of epigenetic changes in the human genome and to develop novel therapies by targeting aberrant DNA methylation and demethylation associated with human diseases, including cancer, immunoinflammatory and cardiovascular diseases.
Dr. Huang's laboratory is focused on elucidating the physiological and pathophysiological functions of TET2 protein and its 5-methylcytosine oxidation products (5hmC, 5fC and 5caC) in cancer and development (Nature Genet 2014; Trends in Genetics 2014).
- Nguyen, N. T., Huang, K., Zeng, H., Jing, J. i., Wang, R., Fang, S., ... Zhou, Y. (2021). Nano-optogenetic engineering of CAR T cells for precision immunotherapy with enhanced safety. Nature Nanotechnology. 16(12), 1424-1434.
- He, L., Tan, P., Zhu, L., Huang, K., Nguyen, N. T., Wang, R., ... Zhou, Y. (2021). Circularly permuted LOV2 as a modular photoswitch for optogenetic engineering.. Nat Chem Biol. 17(8), 915-923.
- Yang, J., Horton, J. R., Akdemir, K. C., Li, J., Huang, Y., Kumar, J., ... Cheng, X. (2021). Preferential CEBP binding to T:G mismatches and increased C-to-T human somatic mutations.. Nucleic Acids Res. 49(9), 5084-5094.
- He, L., Wang, L., Zeng, H., Tan, P., Ma, G., Zheng, S., ... Zhou, Y. (2021). Engineering of a bona fide light-operated calcium channel.. Nat Commun. 12(1), 164.
- Guo, L., Lee, Y., Zhou, Y., & Huang, Y. (2021). Targeting epigenetic regulatory machinery to overcome cancer therapy resistance.. Semin Cancer Biol.
- Ma, G., He, L., Jing, J. i., Tan, P., Huang, Y., & Zhou, Y. (2018). Engineered Cross-Linking to Study the Pore Architecture of the CRAC Channel.. Methods Mol Biol. The CRAC Channel. 147-166. Springer New York.
- He, L., Zhang, Q., Zhou, Y., & Huang, Y. (2017). Calcium Entry Channels in Non-Excitable Cells. Kozak, J. A., & Putney, J. W. (Eds.), Calcium Entry Channels in Non-Excitable Cells. 145-160. CRC Press.
- Ma, G., Wen, S., Huang, Y., & Zhou, Y. (2017). The STIM-Orai Pathway: Light-Operated Ca2+ Entry Through Engineered CRAC Channels.. MATHEMATICAL MODELLING IN EXPERIMENTAL NUTRITION. Store-Operated Ca Entry (SOCE) Pathways. 117-138. Springer International Publishing.
- Lee, M., Li, J., Li, J., Fang, S., Zhang, J., Vo, A., ... Huang, Y. (2021). Tet2 Inactivation Enhances the Antitumor Activity of Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes.. Cancer Res. 81(8), 1965-1976.
- Scientists Develop Highly Effective Detection Strategy For Childhood Brain Tumors Texas A&M Today October 22, 2020
- Highly effective tumor detection strategy for common childhood brain tumors ScienceDaily October 21, 2020
- Reliable tumor detection by whole-genome methylation sequencing of cell-free DNA in cerebrospinal fluid of pediatric medulloblastoma Sciences Advances October 16, 2020