I conduct research in the areas of sustainable power and energy systems, power electronics, motor drives, electric and hybrid vehicles, Superconductive Magnetic Storage (SMES), aerospace power systems, specialized power systems, control systems, energy storage systems, High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) Power Transmission, applications of microcomputers to power control, pulsed power systems, and high voltage engineering and electrical failures and hazards.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1981
- M.S. in , The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States) 1974
- B.S. in , The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States) 1973
- Ashtiani, M. K., Zandi, M., Shokrollahi, P., Ehsani, M., & Baharvand, H. (2020). Chitosan surface modified hydrogel as a therapeutic contact lens. POLYMERS FOR ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES. 31(4), 741-748.
- Shababdoust, A., Zandi, M., Ehsani, M., Shokrollahi, P., & Foudazi, R. (2020). Controlled curcumin release from nanofibers based on amphiphilic-block segmented polyurethanes. Int J Pharm. 575, 118947-118947.
- Esmaeili, S., Ehsani, M. H., & Fazli, M. (2020). Structural, optical and photocatalytic properties of La0.7Ba0.3MnO3 nanoparticles prepared by microwave method. CHEMICAL PHYSICS. 529, 110576-110576.
- Miri, F. S., Ehsani, M., Khonakdar, H. A., & Kavyani, B. (2019). A Comprehensive Study on Physical, Mechanical, and Thermal Properties of Poly(Ethylene Terephthalate) Filled by Micro- and Nanoglass Flakes. JOURNAL OF VINYL & ADDITIVE TECHNOLOGY.
- Al-Masri, H., Al-Quraan, A., AbuElrub, A., & Ehsani, M. (2019). Optimal Coordination of Wind Power and Pumped Hydro Energy Storage. ENERGIES. 12(22), 4387-4387.
- Ehsani, M. (2014). Conventional fuel/hybrid electric vehicles. Alternative Fuels and Advanced Vehicle Technologies for Improved Environmental Performance: Towards Zero Carbon Transportation. (pp. 632-654). Elsevier.
- Torkan, A., Ehsani, M., & IEEE, .. (2017). High Step-up Z-Source DC-DC Converter with Flyback and Voltage Multiplier. 2014 TWENTY-NINTH ANNUAL IEEE APPLIED POWER ELECTRONICS CONFERENCE AND EXPOSITION (APEC). 330-336.
- Al-Masri, H., Ehsani, M., & IEEE, .. (2016). Accurate Wind Turbine Annual Energy Computation by Advanced Modeling. Conference Record of the 2004 IEEE Industry Applications Conference, 2004. 39th IAS Annual Meeting.. 1-6.
- Ehsani, M., Al-Masri, H., & IEEE, .. (2016). Engineering and Socio-Economic Aspects of Sustainable Energy. GHTC 2016 - IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference: Technology for the Benefit of Humanity, Conference Proceedings. 368-371.
- Al-Masri, H. M., & Ehsani, M. (2016). Feasibility Investigation of a Hybrid On-Grid Wind Photovoltaic Retrofitting System. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 52(3), 1979-1988.
- Al-Masri, H., Ehsani, M., & IEEE, .. (2016). Impact of Wind Turbine Modeling on a Hybrid Renewable Energy System. Conference Record of the 2004 IEEE Industry Applications Conference, 2004. 39th IAS Annual Meeting.. 1-8.
- Holtzapple, M. T., Rabroker, G. A., Fahimi, B., & Ehsani, M. (2010). Electric machine having a high-torque switched reluctance motor.
- Holtzapple, M., Rabroker, A., Ross, M., Atmur, S., & Noyes, G. (2014). Gerotor apparatus for a quasi-isothermal Brayton cycle engine.
- Holtzapple, M., Rabroker, G., Beck, T., Ehsani, M., Whiteacre, M., Ross, M., & Noyes, G. (2006). Gerotor apparatus for a quasi-isothermal brayton cycle engine.
- Ehsani, M. (1993). Inverse dual converter for high-power applications.
- Fellow conferred by Society of Automotive Engineers International - (Troy, Michigan, United States) - Recognized for outstanding accomplishments in the field of hybrid electric vehicles 2004
- Almehizia, Abdullah Abdulaziz M. (2018-08). A Smart Grid Approach to Sustainable Power System Integration. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Al-Masri, Hussein Mohammad Khalaf (2016-12). Development of an Engineering, Economic and Environmental Design Tool for Planetary Scale Sustainable Power Systems. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Torkan, Arash (2016-12). Design, Simulation and Implementation of a High Step-up Z-source DC-DC Converter with Flyback and Voltage Multiplier. (Master's Thesis)
- de Morais, Andre Eurico (2016-08). Analysis and Simulation of a PWM Converter Designed to Perform Harmonic Compensation and Maximum Power Point Tracking in a Grid-Connected Solar System. (Master's Thesis)
- Wang, Yang (2015-12). An Investigation of Optimal Design of Hybrid Electric Vehicle with a Starrotor Engine. (Doctoral Dissertation)