Johnson, Michael individual record
- Faculty Affiliate, Institute for Engineering Education and Innovation
- Professor, Engineering Technology and Industrial Distribution, College of Engineering
Dr. Johnson's research focuses on engineering education, production economics, and design tools. Dr. Johnson has over 80 peer reviewed publications and several patents.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology - (Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States) 2004
- M.S. in , Massachusetts Institute of Technology - (Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States) 2001
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Michigan State University - (East Lansing, Michigan, United States) 1999
- Zhan, W., Wang, J., Vanajakumari, M., & Johnson, M. D. (2018). Creating a high impact learning environment for engineering technology students. Advances in Engineering Education. 6(3), 1-23.
- Paul, D., Nepal, B., Johnson, M. D., & Jacobs, T. J. (2018). Examining validity of general self-efficacy scale for assessing engineering studentsâ€™ self-efficacy. International Journal of Engineering Education. 34(5), 1671-1686.
- Johnson, M. D., Valverde, L. M., & Thomison, W. D. (2018). An investigation and evaluation of computer-aided design model complexity metrics. Computer-Aided Design and Applications. 15(1), 61-75.
- Henri, M., Johnson, M. D., & Nepal, B. (2017). A Review of Competency‐Based Learning: Tools, Assessments, and Recommendations. Journal of Engineering Education. 106(4), 607-638.
- Johnson, M. D., & Wang, J. (2015). A method for assessing required course-related skills and prerequisite structure. European Journal of Engineering Education. 40(3), 297-308.
- Johnson, M. D., & Ye, K. (2017). An Analysis of CAD Modeling Procedure Data Collection Using Synchronous and Retrospective Think Aloud Techniques. ADVANCED DATA MINING AND APPLICATIONS, PROCEEDINGS. Human-Computer Interaction. User Interface Design, Development and Multimodality. (pp. 313-324). Springer International Publishing.
- Johnson, M. D., & Kirchain, R. E. (2014). Developing and Assessing Commonality Metrics for Product Families. Advances in Product Family and Product Platform Design. (pp. 473-502). Springer New York.
- Morgan, J. A., Porter, J. R., & Johnson, M. (2018). IoT-based building automation and energy management. 2012 ASEE ANNUAL CONFERENCE. 2018-June,
- Paul, D., Nepal, B. P., & Johnson, M. (2018). Advanced manufacturing research experiences for high school teachers: Effects on perception and understanding of manufacturing. 2012 ASEE ANNUAL CONFERENCE. 2018-June,
- Cevik, E., Johnson, M., Yalvac, B., Whitfield, J. G., Kuttolamadom, M., Porter, J. R., & Morgan, J. A. (2018). Assessing the effects of authentic experiential learning activities on teacher confidence with engineering concepts. 2012 ASEE ANNUAL CONFERENCE. 2018-June,
- Johnson, M., & Stevens, P. (2018). Confidentiality in the process of (model-driven) software development. Part F137691, 1-8.
- Nepal, B. P., Johnson, M., Jacobs, T. J., & Weichold, M. (2018). First generation engineering student mentoring program: A case study of a large engineering school in the U.S.. 2012 ASEE ANNUAL CONFERENCE. 2018-June,
awards and honors
chaired theses and dissertations
Texas A&M University; Engineering Technology; 3367 TAMU
College Station, TX 77845-3367