Dr. Salin's areas of emphasis in the last 6 years involve (1) research on food distribution and labor costs, and (2) developing peer-mentoring for leadership skills of Master of Agribusiness students. Currently working on estimation of stochastic frontier production technology for the refrigerated warehousing industry.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics, Purdue University - (West Lafayette, Indiana, United States) 1996
- M.A. in Government and Foreign Affairs, University of Virginia - (Charlottesville, Virginia, United States) 1984
- B.S. in Political Science, Miami University - (Oxford, Ohio, United States) 1982
- Ketzenberg, M., Gaukler, G., & Salin, V. (2018). Expiration dates and order quantities for perishables. EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF OPERATIONAL RESEARCH. 266(2), 569-584.
- Gaukler, G., Ketzenberg, M., & Salin, V. (2017). Establishing dynamic expiration dates for perishables: An application of rfid and sensor technology. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PRODUCTION ECONOMICS. 193, 617-632.
- Byrd-Bredbenner, C., Cohn, M. N., Farber, J. M., Harris, L. J., Roberts, T., Salin, V., ... Sperber, W. H. (2015). Food safety considerations for innovative nutrition solutions. TRENDS IN COMPARATIVE ENDOCRINOLOGY AND NEUROBIOLOGY. 1347(1), 29-44.
- Bakhtavoryan, R., Capps, O., & Salin, V. (2012). Impact of Food Contamination on Brands: A Demand Systems Estimation of Peanut Butter. Agricultural and Resource Economics Review. 41(3), 327-339.
- Ng, D., & Salin, V. (2012). An institutional approach to the examination of food safety. INTERNATIONAL FOOD AND AGRIBUSINESS MANAGEMENT REVIEW. 15(2), 21-46.
- Ishdorj, A., & Salin, V. (2015). The Effect of Food Assistance on American Indian Women’s Food Choices. Mendoza, J. (Eds.), Native Americans: Cultural Diversity, Health Issues and Challenges. (pp. 83-104). Nova Science Publishers.
- Food for Progress Monitoring and Evaluation Sustainability awarded by USDA-Foreign Agricultural Service 2018 - 2022
- Farnsworth, Benjamin E. (2015-08). A Production Model to Measure Technical Efficiency in the Refrigerated Warehouse Industry. (Master's Thesis)
- Ayoub, Wisam Hanna (2013-08). Inventory Management of Perishable Goods under Demand Variability. (Master's Thesis)
- Kapilakanchana, Montalee (2012-05). The Effect of Branding and Firm Size on the Recurrence of Food Recall Events Associated with Pathogenic Contamination in the United States. (Master's Thesis)
- Bakhtavoryan, Rafael (2011-12). Household- and Market-Level Perspectives on the Peter Pan Peanut Butter Recall Using Nielsen Homescan Panel Data. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Joy, Nathaniel Allen (2010-12). A Duration Analysis of Food Safety Recall Events in the United States: January, 2000 to October, 2009. (Master's Thesis)