- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Biological and Agricultural Engineering, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, College of Engineering
- Assistant Research Scientist, Energy Institute, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES), Division of Research
- Research Fellow, Institute for Science, Technology, and Public Policy
Daher's experience is in developing decision support tools to catalyze evidence-based multi-stakeholder dialogue around the trade-offs associated with technological, policy, and social interventions for addressing the interconnected water, energy, and food (WEF) security challenges. He is particularly interested in bridging natural and social sciences methodologies, with the goal of unlocking new potential to address these interconnected WEF challenges. He focuses on doing so guided by circular economy principles and in the context of implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Ph.D. in Water Management and Hydrologic Sciences, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2019
- M.S. in Agricultural and Biological Engineering, with distinction, Purdue University - (West Lafayette, Indiana, United States) 2012
- B.C.E. in , American University of Beirut - (Beirut, Lebanon) 2010
- Lee, S., Assi, A. T., Daher, B., Mengoub, F. E., & Mohtar, R. H. (2020). A Water-Energy-Food Nexus approach for conducting trade-off analysis: Morocco's phosphate industry in the Khouribga region. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences. 24(10), 4727-4741.
- Daher, B., Hannibal, B., Mohtar, R. H., & Portney, K. (2020). Toward understanding the convergence of researcher and stakeholder perspectives related to water-energy-food (WEF) challenges: The case of San Antonio, Texas. Environmental Science & Policy. 104, 20-35.
- Schull, V. Z., Daher, B., Gitau, M. W., Mehan, S., & Flanagan, D. C. (2020). Analyzing FEW nexus modeling tools for water resources decision-making and management applications. Food and Bioproducts Processing. 119, 108-124.
- Degirmencioglu, A., Mohtar, R. H., Daher, B. T., Ozgunaltay-Ertugrul, G., & Ertugrul, O. (2019). ASSESSING THE SUSTAINABILITY OF CROP PRODUCTION IN THE GEDIZ BASIN, TURKEY: A WATER, ENERGY, AND FOOD NEXUS APPROACH. FRESENIUS ENVIRONMENTAL BULLETIN. 28(4), 2511-2522.
- Daher, B., Hannibal, B., Portney, K. E., & Mohtar, R. H. (2018). Toward creating an environment of cooperation between water, energy, and food stakeholders in San Antonio. SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT. 651(Pt 2), 2913-2926.
- Daher, B., Lee, S., Mohtar, R. H., Asaka, J. O., & VanDeveer, S. D. (2017). Security, climate change, and the resource nexus. Routledge Handbook of the Resource Nexus. (pp. 45-63). Routledge.