- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Biological and Agricultural Engineering, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, College of Engineering
- Assistant Research Scientist, Energy Institute
- Research Fellow, Institute for Science, Technology, and Public Policy
Daher's experience is in developing decision support tools to catalyze evidence-based multi-stakeholder dialogue around the trade-offs associated with technological, policy, and social interventions for addressing the interconnected water, energy, and food (WEF) security challenges. He is particularly interested in bridging natural and social sciences methodologies, with the goal of unlocking new potential to address these interconnected WEF challenges. He focuses on doing so guided by circular economy principles and in the context of implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Ph.D. in Water Management and Hydrologic Sciences, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2019
- M.S. in Agricultural and Biological Engineering, with distinction, Purdue University - (West Lafayette, Indiana, United States) 2012
- B.C.E. in , American University of Beirut - (Beirut, Lebanon) 2010
- Schull, V. Z., Daher, B., Gitau, M. W., Mehan, S., & Flanagan, D. C. (2020). Analyzing FEW nexus modeling tools for water resources decision-making and management applications. FOOD AND BIOPRODUCTS PROCESSING. 119, 108-124.
- Daher, B., Hannibal, B., Mohtar, R. H., & Portney, K. (2020). Toward understanding the convergence of researcher and stakeholder perspectives related to water-energy-food (WEF) challenges: The case of San Antonio, Texas. ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE & POLICY. 104, 20-35.
- Mohtar, R. H., Shafiezadeh, H., Blake, J., & Daher, B. (2019). Economic, social, and environmental evaluation of energy development in the Eagle Ford shale play. Science of The Total Environment. 646, 1601-1614.
- Daher, B., Lee, S., Kaushik, V., Blake, J., Askariyeh, M. H., Shafiezadeh, H., Zamaripa, S., & Mohtar, R. H. (2019). Towards bridging the water gap in Texas: A water-energy-food nexus approach. Science of The Total Environment. 647, 449-463.
- Daher, B., Mohtar, R. H., Pistikopoulos, E. N., Portney, K. E., Kaiser, R., & Saad, W. (2018). Developing Socio-Techno-Economic-Political (STEP) Solutions for Addressing Resource Nexus Hotspots. SUSTAINABILITY. 10(2), 512-512.
- Daher, B., Lee, S., Mohtar, R. H., Asaka, J. O., & VanDeveer, S. D. (2017). Security, climate change, and the resource nexus. Routledge Handbook of the Resource Nexus. (pp. 45-63). Routledge.