Watson, Karan individual record
education and training
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Texas Tech University - (Lubbock, Texas, United States) 1982
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Texas Tech University - (Lubbock, Texas, United States) 1981
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Texas Tech University - (Lubbock, Texas, United States) 1977
- Stanley, C. A., Watson, K. L., Reyes, J. M., & Varela, K. S. (2019). Organizational Change and the Chief Diversity Officer: A Case Study of Institutionalizing a Diversity Plan. Journal of Diversity in Higher Education. 12(3), 255-265.
- Main, J. B., Smith, K. A., Fentiman, A. W., & Watson, K. L. (2019). The next Morrill Act for the 21st century. Journal of Engineering Education. 108(2), 152-155.
- Yennello, S., Lupiani, B., Payne, S., Autenrieth, R., Watson, K., & Stanley, C. (2019). ADVANCE: Promoting Success of Women Faculty Through a Psychologically Healthy Workplace.
- Watson, N. T., Rogers, K. S., Watson, K. L., & Yep, C. L. (2018). Integrating social justice‐based conflict resolution into higher education settings: Faculty, staff, and student professional development through mediation training. Conflict Resolution Quarterly. 36(3), 251-262.
- Watson, K. (2009). Change in Engineering Education: Where Does Research Fit?. Journal of Engineering Education. 98(1), 3-4.
- Brunhaver, S., Yasuhara, K., Case, J., Newstetter, W., Turns, J., Carberry, A., ... Watson, K. (2018). Meet the Engineering Education Pioneers — Panel & Roundtable. 2016 IEEE FRONTIERS IN EDUCATION CONFERENCE (FIE). 00, 1-4.
- Kimball, J., Cole, B., Hobson, M., Watson, K., & Stanley, C. (2008). A STUDY OF WOMEN ENGINEERING STUDENTS AND TIME TO COMPLETION OF FIRST-YEAR REQUIRED COURSES AT TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY. Journal of Women and Minorities in Science and Engineering. 14(1), 67-81.
- Kimball, J., Cole, B., Hobson, M., Watson, K., & Stanley, C. (2007). A study of minority engineering students and time to completion of first year required courses at Texas A&M University. 2012 ASEE ANNUAL CONFERENCE.
- Froyd, J., Layne, J., & Watson, K. (2006). Issues Regarding Change in Engineering Education. 2016 IEEE FRONTIERS IN EDUCATION CONFERENCE (FIE). 3-8.
- Watson, K. L., & Weese, J. A. (2005). An examination of technical interests motivating women and men engineering majors. 2012 ASEE ANNUAL CONFERENCE. 6055-6062.
- Texas A&M University System LSAMP: Sustaining the Progress, Phase V awarded by National Science Foundation 2014 - 2020
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
open teaching materials
- Hammond, T., Watson, K., Brumbelow, K., Fields, S., Shryock, K., Chamberland, J., ... Herbert, B. (2020). A Survey to Measure the Effects of Forced Transition to 100% Online Learning on Community Sharing, Feelings of Social Isolation, Equity, Resilience, and Learning Content During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Walton, Shannon Deonne (2010-12). Exploring the Relationship between Resilience and Learning Styles as Predictors of Academic Persistence in Engineering. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Wickliff, Tanya Verniece Dugat (2005-12). An empirical study of the relations between leadership, social support networks, task autonomy and emotions in a technical work environment. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Fowler, Debra Anne (2003-08). Defining and determining the impact of a freshman engineering student's approach to learning (surface versus deep). (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Electrical Engineering; 3128 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-1248