education and training
- Ph.D. in Individual Interdisciplinary Program, Washington State University - (Pullman, Washington, United States) 2015
- M.A. in Political Science, Washington State University - (Pullman, Washington, United States) 2009
- B.A. in Political Science, Washington State University - (Pullman, Washington, United States) 2008
- Moore, D. A., Blackburn, C. C., Afema, J. A., Kinder, D. R., & Sischo, W. M. (2021). Describing motivation for health and treatment decisions and communication choices of calf-care workers on western United States dairies. JOURNAL OF DAIRY SCIENCE. 104(3), 3197-3209.
- Blackburn, C. C., Lenze, P. E., & Casey, R. P. (2020). Conflict and Cholera: Yemen's Man-Made Public Health Crisis and the Global Implications of Weaponizing Health. Health Security. 18(2), 125-131.
- Callaghan, T., Motta, M., Sylvester, S., Lunz Trujillo, K., & Blackburn, C. C. (2019). Parent psychology and the decision to delay childhood vaccination. SOCIAL SCIENCE & MEDICINE. 238, 112407-112407.
- Blackburn, C. C. (2017). ‘Greater good’ versus civil liberties in the United States: Tuberculosis and Seattle’s Firland Sanatorium. Journal of Public Health Policy. 38(4), 482-492.
- Blackburn, C. C., Lively, M., Flowers, C., Herrera, N. L., Mondragon, M., & Mejia, R. (2019). ENVIRONMENTAL CONTAMINATION WITH INTESTINAL PARASITES IN THE SOUTHERN USA. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 101, 581-581.
Institutional Repository Documents2
- Blackburn, C. (2019). Community Resilience, Centralized Leadership & Multi-Sectoral Collaboration.
- Blackburn, C., Natsios, A. S., Parker, G. W., Katz, R., Osterholm, M. T., Laine, G. A., & Fair, J. (2018). Global leadership at the crossroads: Are we prepared for the next pandemic?.
- Blackburn, C., Natsios, A., & Ruyle, L. (2020). What happens when COVID-19 and influenza collide? Can hospitals handle the strain?. - An article submitted to The Conversation
- Blackburn, C., & Ruyle, L. (2020). How leadership in various countries has affected COVID-19 response effectiveness.
- Blackburn, C. C., Natsios, A., Parker, G. W., & Ruyle, L. (2020). The silent threat of the coronavirus: America’s dependence on Chinese pharmaceuticals.
- Blackburn, C., Natsios, A., & Parker, G. W. (2018). Three Reasons the US is not ready for the next pandemic.
- Blackburn, C., Parker, G. W., & Wendelbo, M. (2018). How the devastating 1918 flu pandemic helped advance US women’s rights.
in the news
- Commentary: What happens when COVID-19 and influenza collide? Can hospitals handle the strain? Fort Worth Business August 21, 2020
- Four Pandemic Preparedness Experts Call for 9/11-like Commission Send2Press Newswire July 21, 2020
- COVID-19 The Texas A&M System Responds - Ep. 2 The Eagle April 16, 2020
- Coronavirus in Texas: Website launches to help essential workers find child care The Texas Tribune April 16, 2020
- Scholars at Texas A&M warned years ago that U.S. was not prepared for the next pandemic News 4 San Antonio April 16, 2020
recent teaching activities