Rambo-Hernandez, Karen individual record
- Faculty Affiliate, Institute for Engineering Education and Innovation
- Associate Professor, Teaching, Learning and Culture, College of Education and Human Development
education and training
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology, University of Connecticut - (Storrs, Connecticut, United States) 2011
- M.Ed. in Educational Administration, Texas A&M University - Commerce - (Commerce, Texas, United States) 2002
- B.S. in Education, Distinction in Mathematics, Summa Cum Laude, East Texas Baptist University - (Marshall, Texas, United States) 1997
- Brigandi, C. B., Rambo-Hernandez, K., & Schwartz, J. (2020). First-generation students in rural communities: A study of effective programming components that support closing the excellence gap. Gifted and Talented International. 1-13.
- Peters, S. J., Rambo-Hernandez, K. E., Makel, M. C., Matthews, M. S., & Plucker, J. A. (2020). Reflections on the Registered Report Process for “Effect of Local Norms on Racial and Ethnic Representation in Gifted Education”. AERA Open. 6(2), 2332858420919054-233285842091905.
- Rambo-Hernandez, K. E., Peters, S. J., & Plucker, J. A. (2019). Quantifying and Exploring Elementary School Excellence Gaps Across Schools and Time. Journal of Advanced Academics. 30(4), 383-415.
- Lakin, J. M., & Rambo-Hernandez, K. (2019). Fidelity of Implementation: Understanding Why and When Programs Work. Gifted Child Today. 42(4), 205-214.
- Peters, S. J., Rambo-Hernandez, K., Makel, M. C., Matthews, M. S., & Plucker, J. A. (2019). Effect of Local Norms on Racial and Ethnic Representation in Gifted Education. AERA Open. 5(2), 2332858419848446-233285841984844.
- McCoach, D. B., & Rambo-Hernandez, K. E. (2017). Issues in the Analysis of Change. Cecolsky, C., & Denison, D. B. (Eds.), Handbook on Measurement, Assessment, and Evaluation in Higher Education. (pp. 387-400). Routledge.
- Rambo-Hernandez, K. E. (2015). Developing mathematical talent: A practical, research-supported approach. Kettler, T. (Eds.), Modern Curriculum for Gifted and Advanced Academic Students. Sourcebooks, Inc..
- McCoach, D. B., Rambo, K. E., & Welsh, M. (2013). Issues in the Analysis of Change. Secolsky, C., & Denison, D. B. (Eds.), Handbook on Measurement, Assessment, and Evaluation in Higher Education. Routledge.
- mccoach, D. B., Madura, J. P., Rambohernandez, K. E., O’connell, A. A., & Welsh, M. E. (2013). Longitudinal Data Analysis. Teo, T. (Eds.), Handbook of Quantitative Methods for Educational Research. (pp. 199-231). SensePublishers.
- Garner, C., Rambo-Hernandez, K., Naz, A., & Lu, M. (2017). Improving High School Math Teachers’ Confidence and Skills in Assessment of Engineering Project-Based Learning.
- Rambo-Hernandez, K., Atadero, R., Paguyo, C., & Schwartz, J. (2017). Inclusive Engineering Identities; Two New Surveys to Assess First-Year Students' Inclusive Values and Behaviors.
- Henderson, H., Rambo-Hernandez, K., Paguyo, C., & Atadero, R. (2017). What is the Relationship between Mindset and Engineering Identity for First Year Male and Female Students? An Exploratory Longitudinal Study.
- Naz, A., Lu, M., Hatipoglu, K., & Rambo-Hernandez, K. (2016). Employing project-based learning to address the Next Generation mathematics standards in high schools. 2016 IEEE FRONTIERS IN EDUCATION CONFERENCE (FIE). 1-5.
- Atadero, R., Paguyo, C., Rambo-Hernandez, K., & Henderson, H. (2016). Promoting Inclusive Engineering Identities in First-Year Engineering Courses.