- Faculty Affiliate, Institute for Engineering Education and Innovation, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES)
- Associate Professor, Teaching, Learning and Culture, College of Education and Human Development
- Associate Professor, Educational Psychology, College of Education and Human Development
Dr. Karen E. Rambo-Hernandez is an associate professor at Texas A&M University in the College of Education and Human Development. Her research has been funded by NSF and the US Department of Education among others. She focuses on the assessment of educational interventions to improve STEM education and access for all students-- particularly high achieving and underrepresented students-- to high quality education.
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology, University of Connecticut - (Storrs, Connecticut, United States) 2011
- M.Ed. in Educational Administration, Texas A&M University - Commerce - (Commerce, Texas, United States) 2002
- B.S. in Education, Distinction in Mathematics, Summa Cum Laude, East Texas Baptist University - (Marshall, Texas, United States) 1997
- Peters, S. J., Makel, M. C., & Rambo-Hernandez, K. (2021). Local Norms for Gifted and Talented Student Identification: Everything You Need to Know. Gifted Child Today. 44(2), 93-104.
- Dixson, D. D., Peters, S. J., Makel, M. C., Jolly, J. L., Matthews, M. S., Miller, E. M., ... Wilson, H. E. (2020). A call to reframe gifted education as maximizing learning. Phi Delta Kappan. 102(4), 22-25.
- Stewart, J., Henderson, R., Michaluk, L., Deshler, J., Fuller, E., & Rambo-Hernandez, K. (2020). Using the Social Cognitive Theory Framework to Chart Gender Differences in the Developmental Trajectory of STEM Self-Efficacy in Science and Engineering Students. Journal of Science Education and Technology. 29(6), 758-773.
- Peters, S. J., Rambo-Hernandez, K. E., Makel, M. C., Matthews, M. S., & Plucker, J. A. (2020). Reflections on the Registered Report Process for “Effect of Local Norms on Racial and Ethnic Representation in Gifted Education”. AERA Open. 6(2), 2332858420919054-233285842091905.
- Brigandi, C. B., Rambo-Hernandez, K., & Schwartz, J. (2020). First-generation students in rural communities: A study of effective programming components that support closing the excellence gap. Gifted and Talented International. 35(1), 1-13.
- McCoach, D. B., & Rambo-Hernandez, K. E. (2017). Issues in the Analysis of Change. Cecolsky, C., & Denison, D. B. (Eds.), Handbook on Measurement, Assessment, and Evaluation in Higher Education. (pp. 387-400). Routledge.
- Rambo-Hernandez, K. E. (2015). Developing mathematical talent: A practical, research-supported approach. Kettler, T. (Eds.), Modern Curriculum for Gifted and Advanced Academic Students. Sourcebooks, Inc..
- McCoach, D. B., Rambo, K. E., & Welsh, M. (2013). Issues in the Analysis of Change. Secolsky, C., & Denison, D. B. (Eds.), Handbook on Measurement, Assessment, and Evaluation in Higher Education. Routledge.
- mccoach, D. B., Madura, J. P., Rambohernandez, K. E., O’connell, A. A., & Welsh, M. E. (2013). Longitudinal Data Analysis. Teo, T. (Eds.), Handbook of Quantitative Methods for Educational Research. (pp. 199-231). SensePublishers.
- Dey, K., Rahman, M. T., Pyrialakou, V. D., Martinelli, D., Rambo-Hernandez, K., Fraustino, J., ... Roy, A. (2020). Development of A Holistic Cross-Disciplinary Project Course Experience as a Research Platform for the Professional Formation of Engineers.
- Park, S., Atadero, R., Casper, A. M., Rambo-Hernandez, K., Paul, J., Morris, M., ... Leutenegger, S. (2020). Partnership for Equity: Engaging with Faculty to Cultivate Inclusive Professional Identities for Engineers and Computer Scientists.
- Atadero, R., Casper, A. M., Rambo-Hernandez, K., Paguyo, C., Paul, J., & DeLyser, R. (2019). Board 7: Partnership for Equity: Cultivating Inclusive Professional Identities for Engineers and Computer Scientists across Four Unique Institutional Climates.
- Rambo-Hernandez, K., Morris, M., Casper, A. M., Hensel, R., Schwartz, J., & Atadero, R. (2019). Examining the Effects of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity Activities in First-Year Engineering Classes.
- Atadero, R., Rambo-Hernandez, K., Hensel, R., Morris, M., Hedayati Mehdiabadi, A., Schwartz, J., & Paguyo, C. (2018). Board 5: Collaborative: IUSE: Cultivating Inclusive Identities of Engineers and Computer Scientists: Expanding Efforts to Infuse Inclusive Excellence in Undergraduate Curricula.