education and training
- Simpson, J. A., & Rholes, W. S (2017). Adult attachment, stress, and romantic relationships.. Curr Opin Psychol. 13, 19-24.
- Paetzold, R. L., Rholes, W. S., & Andrus, J. L. (2017). A Bayesian analysis of the link between adult disorganized attachment and dissociative symptoms. Personality and Individual Differences. 107, 17-22.
- Steven Rholes, W., Paetzold, R. L., & Kohn, J. L. (2016). Disorganized attachment mediates the link from early trauma to externalizing behavior in adult relationships. Personality and Individual Differences. 90, 61-65.
- Paetzold, R. L., & Rholes, W. S. (2015). Attachment Theory and Methods for Meanings of Couple Intimacy. Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy. 15(1), 414-417.
- Paetzold, R. L., Rholes, W. S., & Kohn, J. L. (2015). Disorganized Attachment in Adulthood: Theory, Measurement, and Implications for Romantic Relationships. Review of General Psychology. 19(2), 146-156.
- Simpson, J. A., Rholes, W. S., & Shallcross, S. (2012). Attachment and Depression Across the Transition to Parenthood. The WileyBlackwell Handbook of Couples and Family Relationships. 377-391. Wiley.
- Rholes, W. S., & Simpson, J. A (2004). Attachment Theory: Basic Concepts and Contemporary Questions. Rholes, W. S., & Simpson, J. A. (Eds.), Adult attachment: Theory, research, and clinical implications. 3-14. Guilford Publications.
- Simpson, J. A., Rholes, W. S., Campbell, L., Wilson, C., & Tran, S. (2002). Adult attachment, the transition to parenthood, and marital well-being. Noller, P., & Feeney, J. (Eds.), Understanding Marriage Developments in the Study of Couple Interaction. 385-410. Cambridge University Press.
- Rholes, W. S., Simpson, J. A., & Grich Stevens, J. (1998). Attachment orientations, social support, and conflict resolution in close relationships.. Simpson, J. A., & Rholes, W. S. (Eds.), Attachment theory and close relationships. 166-188. Guilford Press.
- Simpson, J. A., & Rholes, W. S (1998). Attachment theory: A glance at the past, a look to the future. Simpson, J. A., & Rholes, W. S. (Eds.), Attachment theory and close relationships. 3-21. Guilford Press.
- (2006). Adult Attachment Theory, Research, and Clinical Implications. Guilford Press.
- (1998). Attachment Theory and Close Relationships. Guilford Press.
- (2015). Attachment Theory and Research New Directions and Emerging Themes. Guilford Publications.
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Chen, Jennie Ying-Chen (2011-12). The Role of Testosterone and Estradiol in Women's Preferences and Mating Strategies across the Menstrual Cycle: A Hormonal Perspective. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Martin, Archibald M. (2009-05). ADULT ATTACHMENT AND EXPLORATION: THE EFFECT OF ATTACHMENT STYLE ON THE EXPERIENCE OF EXPLORATION. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Psychology; 4235 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4235