Access to and physical activity promotion within underserved communities and communities of color, through community based research, asset mapping, and GIS analysis.
Research regarding physician-based physical activity counseling, prescription and referral, and youth engagement and empowerment to combat disparities in physical activity and health.
Linkages between community, clinic, and church, and the role public health practitioners play to leverage resources between them all
- Dr.P.H. in , Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2018
- M.P.H. in , University of Miami - (Coral Gables, Florida, United States) 2014
- B.A. in Sociology and Asian American Studies, University of California Los Angeles - (Los Angeles, California, United States) 2012
- Stasi, S. M., Spengler, J. O., Maddock, J., McKyer, L., & Clark, H. (2019). Shared-Use Decisions Among Administrators of Physical Activity Facilities in Pasadena, TX.. Health Promot Pract. 1524839919847669-152483991984766.
- Stasi, S., Bridges, C., McClendon, M., Umstattd Meyer, M. R., Gómez, L., & Sharkey, J. (2019). ¡Nosotros corremos, nosotros jugamos! [we run, we play!]: Children’s perceptions of physical activity in Mexican-origin border communities. Journal of Public Health. 27(2), 185-194.
- Stasi, S., Spengler, J., Maddock, J., McKyer, L., & Clark, H. (2019). Increasing Access to Physical Activity Within Low Income and Diverse Communities: A Systematic Review. American Journal of Health Promotion. 33(6), 933-940.
- Spengler, J. O., Smith, A. D., Maddock, J. E., & Stasi, S. M. (2018). Youth Sports and Physical Activity. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice. 24(2), 96-98.
- Stoutenberg, M., Falcon, A., Arheart, K., Stasi, S., Portacio, F., Stepanenko, B., ... Nackenson, J. (2017). Implementation of Lifestyle Modification Program Focusing on Physical Activity and Dietary Habits in a Large Group, Community-Based Setting. HEALTH EDUCATION & BEHAVIOR. 44(3), 421-430.
- Stasi, S. M., Stoutenberg, M., Stamatakis, E., Trilk, J., Danek, D., Dufour, T., & Blair, S. N. (2015). A Current Assessment of Physical Activity Training within Medical School. MEDICINE AND SCIENCE IN SPORTS AND EXERCISE. 47(5S), 389-389.
- Stasi, S. M. (2014). FOGO WELLNESS: PROMOTING PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND FRUIT AND VEGETABLE CONSUMPTION THROUGH A COMMUNITY-BASED LIFESTYLE MODIFICATION PROGRAM. Ann Behav Med. 47, S231-S231.
Institutional Repository Documents2
- Stasi, S., & Stasi, S. (2019). Proposal Defense: Access to Physical Activity for Low-Income and Ethnic Minority Communities.