Dr. Jarrahbashi's research focuses on developing new computational models suitable for high performance computing with high scalability to aid designing clean and efficient energy conversion devices. Her research experience encompasses computational fluid dynamics with applications in energy conversion in solar and thermal systems, energy storage, and engine emission control. Specifically, she studies reacting and non-reacting flows, single and multiphase flows, flow instability and mixing, liquid stream break-up, spray atomization, spray combustion, vortex dynamics, cavitating and condensating flows, thermal hydraulic behavior of supercritical flows for designing and optimizing supercritical carbon dioxide energy cycles.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of California, Irvine - (Irvine, California, United States) 2014
- M.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Sharif University of Technology - (Tehran, Iran) 2007
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology - (Tehran, Iran) 2005
- Boyd, B., & Jarrahbashi, D. (2021). A diffuse-interface method for reducing spurious pressure oscillations in multicomponent transcritical flow simulations. Computers & Fluids. 222, 104924-104924.
- Mishra, R., Jiwani, D., & Jarrahbashi, D. (2021). Three-component multi-fluid modeling of pseudo-cavitation phenomenon in diesel injector nozzles. International Journal of Engine Research. 146808742199334-146808742199334.
- Haque, E., Shariatnia, S., Jeong, T., Jarrahbashi, D., Asadi, A., Harris, T., Moon, R. J., & Kalaitzidou, K. (2021). Scalable coating methods for enhancing glass fiber–epoxy interactions with cellulose nanocrystals. Cellulose. 28(8), 4685-4700.
- Shariatnia, S., Asadi, A., & Jarrahbashi, D. (2021). Experimental analysis of supercritical-assisted atomization. Physics of Fluids. 33(1), 013314-013314.
- Shariatnia, S., Veldanda, A., Obeidat, S., Jarrahbashi, D., & Asadi, A. (2019). Atomization of cellulose nanocrystals aqueous suspensions in fused deposition modeling: A scalable technique to improve the strength of 3D printed polymers. Composites Part B Engineering. 177, 107291-107291.
- Boyd, B., & Jarrahbashi, D. (2020). Video: Shock wave interaction with a near-critical fuel droplet.
- Jarrahbashi, D., Sirignano, W. A., Popov, P. P., & Hussain, F. (2017). Numerical simulation of liquid round jet atomization. Physical Review Fluids. 2(9), 090504.
- Kim, S., Jarrahbashi, D., & Genzale, C. (2017). The Role of Turbulent-Chemistry Interaction in Simulating End-of-Injection Combustion Transients in Diesel Sprays. SAE Technical Papers. 1(March),
- Jarrahbashi, D., Sirignano, W., Popov, P., & Hussain, F. (2016). Poster: Computational Simulation of Liquid Jet Atomization.
- Jarrahbashi, D., Kim, S., & Genzale, C. L. (2016). Simulation of Combustion Recession After End-of-Injection at Diesel Engine Conditions. v001t06a016-v001t06a016.