Dr. Jarrahbashi's research focuses on developing new computational models suitable for high performance computing with high scalability to aid designing clean and efficient energy conversion devices. Her research experience encompasses computational fluid dynamics with applications in energy conversion in solar and thermal systems, energy storage, and engine emission control. Specifically, she studies reacting and non-reacting flows, single and multiphase flows, flow instability and mixing, liquid stream break-up, spray atomization, spray combustion, vortex dynamics, cavitating and condensating flows, thermal hydraulic behavior of supercritical flows for designing and optimizing supercritical carbon dioxide energy cycles.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of California, Irvine - (Irvine, California, United States) 2014
- M.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Sharif University of Technology - (Tehran, Iran) 2007
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology - (Tehran, Iran) 2005
- Wang, Y., Taghizadeh, S., Karichedu, A. S., Kulatilaka, W. D., & Jarrahbashi, D. (2019). Piloted Liquid Spray Flames: A Numerical and Experimental Study. Combustion Science and Technology. 1-23.
- Caccia, M., Tabandeh-Khorshid, M., Itskos, G., Strayer, A. R., Caldwell, A. S., Pidaparti, S., ... Sandhage, K. H. (2018). Ceramic-metal composites for heat exchangers in concentrated solar power plants. NATURE. 562(7727), 406-+.
- Taghizadeh, S., & Jarrahbashi, D. (2018). PROPER ORTHOGONAL DECOMPOSITION ANALYSIS OF TURBULENT CRYOGENIC LIQUID JET INJECTION UNDER TRANSCRITICAL AND SUPERCRITICAL CONDITIONS. Atomization and Sprays. 28(10), 875-900.
- Jarrahbashi, D., Kim, S., Knox, B. W., & Genzale, C. L. (2017). Computational analysis of end-of-injection transients and combustion recession. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENGINE RESEARCH. 18(10), 1088-1110.
- Jarrahbashi, D., Kim, S., & Genzale, C. L. (2017). Simulation of Combustion Recession After End-of-Injection at Diesel Engine Conditions. JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING FOR GAS TURBINES AND POWER-TRANSACTIONS OF THE ASME. 139(10), 102804-102804.
- Jarrahbashi, D., Sirignano, W. A., Popov, P. P., & Hussain, F. (2017). Numerical simulation of liquid round jet atomization. PHYSICAL REVIEW FLUIDS. 2(9),
- Kim, S., Jarrahbashi, D., & Genzale, C. (2017). The Role of Turbulent-Chemistry Interaction in Simulating End-of-Injection Combustion Transients in Diesel Sprays. SAE Technical Papers. 2017-March(March),
- Jarrahbashi, D., Kim, S., & Genzale, C. L. (2016). Simulation of combustion recession after end-of-injection at diesel engine conditions.