My research is focused on microbial systems for the degradation of target compounds (hormones, crude oil, petroleum products, explosives, chemical warfare agents, chlorinated agents, among a few others) contaminating soils and waters. Physical and chemical processes are coupled to the microbial activity to understand the controlling parameters for optimization of performance. With an interest in improving the link between contaminant concentrations and human exposures for predicting the potential for adverse health effects, my students and I have been working on methods to improve the risk assessment of select compounds.
- Ph.D. in Civil & Environmental Engineering, Clarkson University - (Potsdam, New York, United States) 1986
- M.S. in Civil & Environmental Engineering, Clarkson College - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States) 1981
- B.S. in Biological Sciences, University of Maryland, College Park - (College Park, Maryland, United States) 1977
- Mendoza-Sanchez, I., Autenrieth, R. L., McDonald, T. J., & Cunningham, J. A. (2018). Biological Limitations of Dechlorination of cis-Dichloroethene during Transport in Porous Media.. Environmental science & technology. 52(2), 684-691.
- Mendoza-Sanchez, I., Autenrieth, R. L., McDonald, T. J., & Cunningham, J. A. (2010). Effect of pore velocity on biodegradation of cis-dichloroethene (DCE) in column experiments. BIODEGRADATION. 21(3), 365-377.
- Camacho, J., Wee, H., Kramer, T. A., & Autenrieth, R. (2009). Arsenic stabilization on water treatment residuals by calcium addition.. J Hazard Mater. 165(1-3), 599-603.
- Bruce, E. D., Autenrieth, R. L., Burghardt, R. C., Donnelly, K. C., & McDonald, T. J. (2009). Modeling toxic endpoints for improving human health risk assessment of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons – parent compounds and simple mixtures. Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry. 91(1), 137-156.
- Alarcon, A., Jr, D., Autenrieth, R. L., & Zuberer, D. A. (2008). Arbuscular mycorrhiza and petroleum-degrading microorganisms enhance phytoremediation of petroleum-contaminated soil. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PHYTOREMEDIATION. 10(4), 251-263.
- Autenrieth, R. L., Page, C. A., Butler-Purry, K. L., Lewis, C. W., & ASEE, .. (2014). The Enrichment Experiences in Engineering (E3). 2012 ASEE ANNUAL CONFERENCE.
- Autenrieth, R. L., Page, C. A., Butler-Purry, K. L., & Lewis, C. W. (2014). The Enrichment Experiences in Engineering (E3) Summer teacher program: Analysis of post-program surveys.
- Pariyothorn, M., Autenrieth, R. L., & ASEE, .. (2012). Strategic Use of Summer Undergraduate Research Experiences. 2012 ASEE ANNUAL CONFERENCE.
- Pariyothorn, M., & Autenrieth, R. L. (2012). Strategic use of summer undergraduate research experiences. 2012 ASEE ANNUAL CONFERENCE.
- Butler-Purry, K. (2009). Enrichment Experiences in Engineering (E3) for Teachers Summer Research Program: an NSF RET Site. 1-1.
- A.P. & Florence Wiley Professorship III conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - This professorship lasted until 2013. 2004
- Munoz Urriola, Melisabel Del Carmen (2017-12). Oxytetracycline in Soil and Conditions that Select for Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Sweeney, James F (2015-12). The Evaluation of the Sustainability of a Modern Residential Dwelling in a Humid Subtropical Environment. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Hurtado, Lisa Diane (2011-05). An Environmental and Policy Evaluation of Cellulosic Ethanol. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Fuller, Christopher Byron (2011-05). Ecological Effects and In-situ Detection of Particulate Contaminants in Aqueous Environments. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Srinivasan Ravichandran, Sriambharrish (2011-05). Microbial Risk Perspective on the Temporal and Spatial Variability of Indicator Bacteria in Texas Urban and Rural Watersheds. (Master's Thesis)