Brian P. McCullough (Ph.D., Texas A&M University) is an Associate Professor in the Sport Management program within the Department of Health and Kinesiology. McCullough's research focuses on the intersection of sport and the natural environment. Specifically, examines this bidirectional relationship from three interrelated focal points: (1) to assess the environmental impact of sport organizations and fans; (2) to understand the decision-making processes by sport organizations to implement environmentally friendly practices; and (3) to examine the effectiveness of fan engagement campaigns related to environmental sustainability.
He has published over 50 peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters, has authored one book (Introduction to Environmental Sport Management), and has co-edited one book (Routledge Handbook of Sport and the Environment). He has contributed to the formation of the United Nation's Climate Secretariat's Sports for Climate Action Framework and is currently working with the International Olympic Committee, Commonwealth Secretariat Sport for Development and Peace Program to better evaluate Sustainable Development Goals within the sport sector.
- Ph.D. in Kinesiology, Emphasis on Sport Management, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2011
- M.S. in Kinesiology, Emphasis on Sport Management, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2007
- B.S. in Sport Management, Ithaca College - (Ithaca, New York, United States) 2005
- Trail, G. T., & McCullough, B. P. (2021). A longitudinal study of sustainability attitudes, intentions, and behaviors. Sustainability Science. 16(5), 1503-1518.
- Cooper, J. A., & McCullough, B. P. (2021). Bracketing sustainability: Carbon footprinting March Madness to rethink sustainable tourism approaches and measurements. Journal of Cleaner Production. 318, 128475-128475.
- McCullough, B. P., Hardie, A., Kellison, T., & Dixon, M. (2021). Environmental perspectives of external stakeholders in sport. Managing Sport and Leisure. 1-14.
- Casper, J. M., McCullough, B. P., & Smith, D. (2021). Pro-Environmental Sustainability and Political Affiliation: An Examination of USA College Sport Sustainability Efforts. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 18(11), 5840-5840.
- Pelcher, J., McCullough, B. P., & Trendafilova, S. (2020). Collegiate athletics environmental sustainability efforts within STARS reporting. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education. 22(1), 328-343.
- McCullough, B. P., & Kellison, T. (2020). Making Our Footprint: Constraints in the Legitimization of Sport Ecology in Practice and the Academy. Sport and the Environment. (pp. 199-216). Emerald Publishing Limited.
- Trail, G., & McCullough, B. (2020). A Longitudinal Study of Sustainability Attitudes, Intentions, and Behaviors: An Abstract. Marketing Opportunities and Challenges in a Changing Global Marketplace. (pp. 147-148). Springer International Publishing.
- Kellison, T. B., & McCullough, B. P. (2017). A pragmatic perspective on the future of sustainability in sport. Routledge Handbook of Sport and the Environment. (pp. 445-455). Routledge.
- McCullough, B. P., & Kellison, T. B. (2017). An introduction to environmental sustainability and sport. Routledge Handbook of Sport and the Environment. (pp. 3-10). Routledge.
- Trail, G. T., & McCullough, B. P. (2017). Marketing sustainability through sport. Routledge Handbook of Sport and the Environment. (pp. 134-148). Routledge.
- Sartore, M. L., Cunningham, G. B., & McCullough, B. (2009). Sexual Prejudice and Hiring Recommendations in the Fitness Industry. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport. 80(1), A98-A99.