My research focuses on mechanisms associated with protein turnover and glucoregulatory function in muscle and how these mechanisms may be altered by exercise, aging, obesity, diabetes or periods of microgravity.
education and training
- Lawler, J. M., Garcia-Villatoro, E. L., Guzzoni, V., Hord, J. M., Botchlett, R., Holly, D., ... Talcott, S. (2019). Effect of combined fish oil & Curcumin on murine skeletal muscle morphology and stress response proteins during mechanical unloading.. Nutr Res.
- Rosa-Caldwell, M. E., Brown, J. L., Perry, R. A., Shimkus, K. L., Shirazi-Fard, Y., Brown, L. A., ... Greene, N. P. (2019). Regulation of Mitochondrial Quality Following Repeated Bouts of Hindlimb Unloading.. Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism.
- Lee, T. V., Lee, C. W., Chen, V., Bui, S., Fluckey, J. D., & Riechman, S. E. (2019). The effects of hindlimb unloading versus dietary cholesterol and resistance training on rat skeletal muscle responses. Lipids in Health and Disease. 18(1), 3.
- Kuczmarski, J. M., Hord, J. M., Lee, Y., Guzzoni, V., Rodriguez, D., Lawler, M. S., ... Lawler, J. M. (2018). Effect of Eukarion-134 on Aktâ€“mTOR signalling in the rat soleus during 7Â days of mechanical unloading. Experimental Physiology. 103(4), 545-558.
- Shimkus, K. L., Shirazi-Fard, Y., Wiggs, M. P., Ullah, S. T., Pohlenz, C., Gatlin, D. M., ... Fluckey, J. D. (2018). Responses of skeletal muscle size and anabolism are reproducible with multiple periods of unloading/reloading. JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSIOLOGY. 125(5), 1456-1467.
- Chen, V., Lee, C. W., Fluckey, J. D., & Riechman, S. E. (2018). Blood Lipid is Associated with Skeletal Muscle PPARd Protein Content after a 10-week Resistance Exercise Training. MEDICINE AND SCIENCE IN SPORTS AND EXERCISE. 50(5), 808-808.
- Lee, C. W., Galvan, E., Lee, T. V., Chen, V., Bui, S., Crouse, S. F., ... Riechman, S. E. (2018). The Effects of Choline Intake and Resistance Exercise Training on Strength Gains in Older Adults. MEDICINE AND SCIENCE IN SPORTS AND EXERCISE. 50(5), 82-82.
- Deaver, J. W., OReilly, C. L., Crouse, S. F., & Fluckey, J. D. (2017). Blockade Of Mtor And Erk1/2 Resulted In Attenuated Protein Synthesis Rates In Differentiated C2c12 Myoblasts.. MEDICINE AND SCIENCE IN SPORTS AND EXERCISE. 49(5), 500-500.
- Cardin, J. M., Deaver, J. W., O'Reilly, C. L., Crouse, S. F., & Fluckey, J. D. (2017). Characterization of Protein Metabolism in Undifferentiated and Differentiated Murine Muscle Tissue. MEDICINE AND SCIENCE IN SPORTS AND EXERCISE. 49(5), 769-769.
- Lee, C. W., Galvan, E., Lee, T. V., Chen, V., Bui, S., Crouse, S. F., ... Riechman, S. E. (2017). Lower Choline Intake is Associated with Diminished Strength and Lean Mass Gains in Older Adults. MEDICINE AND SCIENCE IN SPORTS AND EXERCISE. 49(5), 321-321.
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Perticone, Jacqueline Ilene (2014-08). Protein Degradative Processes Associated with Anabolic Dysregulation in Diabetic Skeletal Muscle. (Master's Thesis)
- Wiggs, Michael (2011-08). Simulated Microgravity and Radiation Exposure Effects on the Regulation of Skeletal Muscle Protein Synthesis. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Nilsson, Mats I. (2009-12). Influence of Insulin Resistance on Contractile Activity-Induced Anabolic Response of Skeletal Muscle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Gasier, Heath G. (2009-05). The Effects of Resistance Exercise on In Vivo Cumulative Skeletal Muscle Protein Synthesis. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Health And Kinesiology; 4243 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4243