My research interests include electric power engineering, power system protection, control and automation of power systems, power systems diagnostics and waveform analytics, forensic engineering, engineering ethics, and engineering professionalism.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Oklahoma - (Norman, Oklahoma, United States) 1975
- M.E. in Electrical Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1971
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1970
- Perera-Lluna, A., Manivannan, K., Xu, P., Gutierrez-Osuna, R., Benner, C., & Russell, B. D. (2014). Automatic capacitor bank identification in power distribution systems. Electric Power Systems Research. 111, 96-102.
- Babrauskas, V., Fleming, J. M., & Russell, B. D. (2010). RSET/ASET, a flawed concept for fire safety assessment. 34(7), 341-355.
- Russell, B. D. (2008). EPSR is on the Move!. 78(1), 1-1.
- Russell, B. (2007). Memory effect. 5(4), 18-18.
- Russell, B. D., & Thame, V. (2003). Connecting readers to the research information they need. 64(1), 1-1.
- Benner, C. L., Peterson, R. A., & Russell, B. D. (2017). Application of DFA Technology for Improved Reliability and Operations. 2017 IEEE Rural Electric Power Conference (REPC), 2017 IEEE Rural Electric Power Conference (REPC). 44-51.
- Russell, B. D., & Loe, S. (2015). Foreword. 1-1.
- Wischkaemper, J. A., Benner, C. L., Russell, B. D., & Manivannan, K. M. (2014). Waveform analytics-based improvements in situational awareness, feeder visibility, and operational efficiency. 2014 IEEE PES T&D Conference and Exposition, 2014 IEEE/PES Transmission & Distribution Conference & Exposition (T&D). 1-5.
- Russell, B. D., Benner, C. L., & Wischkaemper, J. A. (2012). Distribution feeder caused wildfires: Mechanisms and prevention. 2012 65th Annual Conference for Protective Relay Engineers, 2012 65th Annual Conference for Protective Relay Engineers. 43-51.
awards and honors
- NAI Fellow conferred by National Academy of Inventors - (Tampa, Florida, United States) 2014
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Hurtado, Lisa Diane (2011-05). An Environmental and Policy Evaluation of Cellulosic Ethanol. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Rengarajan, Janarthanan (2008-12). Operated device estimation framework. (Master's Thesis)
- Li, Jun (2005-12). Methodology for designing the fuzzy resolver for a radial distribution system fault locator. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Electrical Engineering; 3128 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3128