My research focuses on examining the communication needs of scientific communicators and investigating effective ways for preparing scientific communicators to meet the needs of their global audiences through delivering targeted scientific information.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communications, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2013
- M.S. in Agricultural Communications, Oklahoma State University - (Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States) 2007
- B.S. in Agribusiness, Oklahoma Panhandle State University - (Goodwell, Oklahoma, United States) 2005
- Leggette, H. R., Redwine, T., & Busick, B. (2019). Through Reflective Lenses: Enhancing Students’ Perceptions of Their Media Writing Skills. Journalism and Mass Communication Educator. 107769581985225-107769581985225.
- Whitaker, H., Leggette, H. R., & Barbeau, S. (2018). A marketing standpoint: What marketers can teach extension professionals about Internet-based media. Journal of Extension. 56(6),
- Prather, B., Leggette, H. R., & Rutherford, T. (2018). Investigating Agricultural Communications Students’ Educational Experiences and Identity Development at a Co-Curricular Activity. NACTA Journal. 62(2), 151-160.
- Redwine, T., Leggette, H. R., & Prather, B. (2017). A Case Study of Using Metacognitive Reflections to Enhance Writing Skills and Strategies in an Agricultural Media Writing Course. Journal of Applied Communications. 101(1),
- Homeyer, M., Leggette, H. R., Mckim, B., & Walker, J. (2017). Visualizing connection: Using photovoice to understand a system of students' study away experience. NACTA Journal. 61(2), 113-120.
- Homeyer, Megan Marie (2016-12). Speaking Their Language: Communicating to the Different Perspectives of Agriculture. (Master's Thesis)
- Dewald, Stacey (2016-12). Identifying Texas Landowners' Preferred Communication Channels, Motivations, and Barriers to Adopting Best Management Practices Related to Watershed Based Plans. (Master's Thesis)
- Hall, Daijonna Mar'Shay (2016-12). Cease to be Obese: A Content Analysis of Healthy Living in Two Popular Children's Book Series. (Master's Thesis)
- Eberts, Courtney Elizabeth (2016-05). A Content Analysis of the Dallas Farmers Market Instagram. (Master's Thesis)