education and training
- Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction, Emphasis: Mathematics Education, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2011
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction, Emphasis: Mathematics Education, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2008
- B.S. in Biomedical Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2004
- Young, J., & Young, J. (2020). The Black male teacher: a 10-year content analysis of empirical research. RACE ETHNICITY AND EDUCATION. 23(3), 327-344.
- Young, J. R., Young, J., Hamilton, C., & Pratt, S. S. (2019). Evaluating the Effects of Professional Development on Urban Mathematics Teachers TPACK Using Confidence Intervals. Journal of Research in Mathematics Education. 8(3), 312-312.
- Young, J., Young, J., & Witherspoon, T. (2019). Informing Informal STEM Learning: Implications for Mathematics Identity in African American Students. Journal of Mathematics Education. 12(1), 39-56.
- Young, J., Young, J., Fox, B., Levingston Jr., E., & Tholen, A. (2019). We Would If We Could: Examining Culturally Responsive Teaching Self-Efficacy in a Middle School Mathematics Methods Course. Northwest Journal of Teacher Education. 14(1),
- Cason, M., Young, J., & Kuehnert, E. (2019). A meta-analysis of the effects of numerical competency development on achievement: Recommendations for mathematics educators. Investigations in Mathematics Learning. 11(2), 1-14.
- Young, J. L., & Young, J. R. (2018). Black Parents as Achievement Socialization Agents for Black Girls. Advances in Educational Marketing, Administration, and Leadership. (pp. 243-254). IGI Global.
- Young, J. R. (2017). Vervistic instruction as a vehicle to mathematics competency for African American girls. Larke, P. J., Webb-Hasan, G., & Young, J. L. (Eds.), Cultivating Achievement, Respect, and Empowerment (CARE) for African American Girls in PreK?12 Settings Implications for Access, Equity and Achievement. (pp. 69-90). IAP.
- Young, J. R., Young, J. L., & Hamilton, C. (2013). Culturally relevant project-based learning for STEM education: Implications and examples for urban schools. Capraro, M., Capraro, R., & Lewis, C. (Eds.), Improving Urban Schools Equity and Access in K16 STEM Education. (pp. 39-65). IAP.
- Larke, P., Young, J. L., & Young, J. R. (2011). Making a case to LEARN: Linking emphasis on the achievement and reporting of the needs of African American females on NAEP test results. Howell, L., Lewis, C., & Carter, N. (Eds.), Yes We Can! Improving Urban Schools Through Innovative Education Reform. (pp. 145-168). Information Age Pub Incorporated.
- Jordan, G., & Young, J. R. (2010). DC electronics: Understanding series circuits and how they relate to daily use. Capraro, R. M., Capraro, M. M., & Morgan, J. (Eds.), A Companion to Interdisciplinary STEM Project-based Learning: For Teachers by Teachers. (pp. 87-94). Sense.
recent teaching activities