Current research of the choices row farmers make regarding soil erosion; the willingness of feedlot operators and dairies to reduced antibiotic use earlier before cattle goes to slaughter; how parents' and children's affects one anothers use of time.
- Ph.D. in Sociology, Iowa State University - (Ames, Iowa, United States) 1975
- M.S. in Sociology, Iowa State University - (Ames, Iowa, United States) 1972
- B.S. in Political Science, University of California, Berkeley - (Berkeley, California, United States) 1966
- Erul, E., Woosnam, K. M., & McIntosh, A. (2020). Considering emotional solidarity and the theory of planned behavior in explaining behavioral intentions to support tourism development. JOURNAL OF SUSTAINABLE TOURISM. 28(8), 1-16.
- Kwon, M., Lee, C., Xiao, Y. u., & McIntosh, W. A. (2019). Community currency activities, community attachment, and quality of life: A case study of the Crooked River Alliance of TimeBanks. Time & Society. 28(3), 1181-1220.
- McIntosh, W., & Dean, W. (2015). Factors Associated with the Inappropriate Use of Antimicrobials. ZOONOSES AND PUBLIC HEALTH. 62(s1), 22-28.
- Thomas, L. N., & McIntosh, W. A. (2015). Local Food Consumption Is Associated With Higher Healthy Eating Index Score. Journal of Hunger & Environmental Nutrition. 10(4), 539-548.
- Delgado, A. H., Norby, B. o., Scott, H. M., Dean, W., McIntosh, W. A., & Bush, E. (2014). Distribution of cow-calf producers’ beliefs regarding gathering and holding their cattle and observing animal movement restrictions during an outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease. PREVENTIVE VETERINARY MEDICINE. 117(3-4), 518-532.
- Grew, R. (2018). Food In Global History. Food in Global History. (pp. 217-239). Routledge.
- Kubena, K. S., & McIntosh, W. A. (2017). Healthy Foods for Healthy Aging: The Case for Protein. Nutrition and Functional Foods for Healthy Aging. (pp. 345-360). Elsevier.
- McIntosh, W. A., Dean, W., Torres, C. C., Anding, J., Kubena, K. S., & Nayga, R. (2009). The American family meal. Meals in Science and Practice: Interdisciplinary Research and Business Applications. (pp. 190-218). Elsevier.
- McIntosh, W. (2008). Food Safety Risk Communication and Consumer Food‐Handling Behavior. Preharvest and Postharvest Food Safety. (pp. 403-414). Blackwell Publishing.
- Kaplan, S. L. (2003). Food and Gender. Food and Gender: Identity and Power. (pp. 132-153). Routledge.
- Wang, X., Liono, J., McIntosh, W., & Salim, F. D. (2017). Predicting the city foot traffic with pedestrian sensor data. 1-10.
- Carson, D. E., Sharkey, J. R., McIntosh, A., Kubena, K. S., & Goodson, P. (2010). Predicting intention to eat breakfast among adolescents using the theory of planned behavior. The FASEB Journal. 24, 211.4-211.4.
- McIntosh, W. A. (2000). The Symbolization of Eggs in American Culture: A Sociologic Analysis. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN COLLEGE OF NUTRITION. 19(sup5), 532s-539s.
- KUBENA, K. S., ANDING, J. D., MCINTOSH, W. A., & OBRIEN, B. (1995). MAGNESIUM AND SERUM-LIPIDS IN ADOLESCENTS. The FASEB Journal. 9(3), A452-A452.
- ANDING, J. D., KUBENA, K. S., MCINTOSH, W. A., & OBRIEN, B. (1994). DIET AND HEALTH BEHAVIORS OF 14-YEAR-OLD AND 15-YEAR-OLD ADOLESCENTS DURING SUMMER MONTHS. The FASEB Journal. 8(4), A274-A274.
- Brocato, Billy Ray (2017-12). Why So White? A Pilot Study of the Sociocultural Factors Affecting the Underrepresentation of African Americans in Veterinary Medicine. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Kainer, John Michael (2017-08). More Please: Food and the Infinity of Desires. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Qamar, Zubaida (2016-12). Development, Implementation and Evaluation of an Online Nutrition Education Program for South Asians in the U.S.. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Curry, Gwenetta Denise (2016-08). The Relationship Between Education and Obesity Among Black Women in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey Cycles 1999-2010. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Obregon, Misael (2015-12). Extending the Latina Paradox: Comparative Findings of STIs among Mexican-Origin, Black And White Birth-Giving Women. (Doctoral Dissertation)