Mcintosh, William individual record
Current research of the choices row farmers make regarding soil erosion; the willingness of feedlot operators and dairies to reduced antibiotic use earlier before cattle goes to slaughter; how parents' and children's affects one anothers use of time.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Sociology, Iowa State University - (Ames, Iowa, United States) 1975
- M.S. in Sociology, Iowa State University - (Ames, Iowa, United States) 1972
- B.S. in Political Science, University of California, Berkeley - (Berkeley, California, United States) 1966
- Al-Nawaiseh, H. K., McIntosh, W. A., & McKyer, L. J. (2022). An-m-Health Intervention Using Smartphone App to Improve Physical Activity in College Students: A Randomized Controlled Trial.. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 19(12), 7228-7228.
- Chien, H., Kwok, O., Yeh, Y., Sweany, N. W., Baek, E., & McIntosh, W. A. (2020). Identifying At-Risk Online Learners by Psychological Variables Using Machine Learning Techniques. ONLINE LEARNING. 24(4), 131-146.
- Erul, E., Woosnam, K. M., & McIntosh, W. A. (2020). Considering emotional solidarity and the theory of planned behavior in explaining behavioral intentions to support tourism development. JOURNAL OF SUSTAINABLE TOURISM. 28(8), 1158-1173.
- Yeh, Y., Kwok, O., Chien, H., Sweany, N. W., Baek, E., & McIntosh, W. (2019). How College Students Achievement Goal Orientations Predict Their Expected Online Learning Outcome: The Mediation Roles of Self-Regulated Learning Strategies and Supportive Online Learning Behaviors. Online Learning. 23(4), 23-41.
- Kwon, M., Lee, C., Xiao, Y. u., & McIntosh, W. A. (2019). Community currency activities, community attachment, and quality of life: A case study of the Crooked River Alliance of TimeBanks. TIME & SOCIETY. 28(3), 1181-1220.
- Grew, R. (2018). Food In Global History. Food in Global History. 217-239. Taylor & Francis.
- Kubena, K. S., & McIntosh, W. A. (2017). Healthy Foods for Healthy Aging. Nutrition and Functional Foods for Healthy Aging. 345-360. Elsevier.
- Kubena, K. S., & McIntosh, W. A. (2016). Cholesterol-containing foods for children and adolescents: recommendations catching up with research. HANDBOOK OF CHOLESTEROL: BIOLOGY, FUNCTION AND ROLE IN HEALTH AND DISEASES. 269-296. Wageningen Academic Publishers.
- McIntosh, W. A., Dean, W., Torres, C. C., Anding, J., Kubena, K. S., & Nayga, R. (2009). The American family meal. MEALS IN SCIENCE AND PRACTICE. 190-218. Elsevier.
- McIntosh, W. (2004). Food Safety Risk Communication and Consumer FoodHandling Behavior. Preharvest and Postharvest Food Safety. 403-414. Wiley.
- Wang, X., Liono, J., McIntosh, W., & Salim, F. D. (2017). Predicting the city foot traffic with pedestrian sensor data. Proceedings of the 14th EAI International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services, Proceedings of the 14th EAI International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services. 1-10.
- Carson, D. E., Sharkey, J. R., McIntosh, W. A., Kubena, K. S., & Goodson, P. (2010). Predicting intention to eat breakfast among adolescents using the theory of planned behavior. FASEB JOURNAL. 24(S1), 211.4-211.4.
- McIntosh, W. A. (2000). The symbolization of eggs in American culture: a sociologic analysis.. J Am Coll Nutr. 19(5 Suppl), 532S-539S.
- KUBENA, K. S., ANDING, J. D., MCINTOSH, W. A., & OBRIEN, B. (1995). MAGNESIUM AND SERUM-LIPIDS IN ADOLESCENTS. FASEB JOURNAL. 9(3), A452-A452.
- ANDING, J. D., KUBENA, K. S., MCINTOSH, W. A., & OBRIEN, B. (1994). DIET AND HEALTH BEHAVIORS OF 14-YEAR-OLD AND 15-YEAR-OLD ADOLESCENTS DURING SUMMER MONTHS. FASEB JOURNAL. 8(4), A274-A274.
recent teaching activities
- NFSC685 Directed Studies Instructor
- NFSC685 Directed Studies: In-ab Instructor
- NFSC691 Research Instructor
- NFSC691 Research: In-ab Instructor
- NUTR485 Hnr-directed Studies Instructor
chaired theses and dissertations
- Brocato, Billy Ray (2017-12). Why So White? A Pilot Study of the Sociocultural Factors Affecting the Underrepresentation of African Americans in Veterinary Medicine. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Kainer, John Michael (2017-08). More Please: Food and the Infinity of Desires. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Qamar, Zubaida (2016-12). Development, Implementation and Evaluation of an Online Nutrition Education Program for South Asians in the U.S.. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Curry, Gwenetta Denise (2016-08). The Relationship Between Education and Obesity Among Black Women in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey Cycles 1999-2010. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Obregon, Misael (2015-12). Extending the Latina Paradox: Comparative Findings of STIs among Mexican-Origin, Black And White Birth-Giving Women. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Sociology; 4351 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4351