As senior associate dean, Ashley oversees graduate education and research activities as well as strategic planning, faculty affairs, student affairs, program development, diversity, assessment, communications and external relations, student services, and extended education programs in the Bush School. Ashley also teaches a course in Managing Diversity in Public and Non Profit Organizations.
- Ed.D. in Physical Education, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa - (Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States) 1986
- M.A. in Health, Physical Education, and Recreation, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa - (Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States) 1976
- B.S. in Health, Physical Education, and Safety, Louisiana College - (Pineville, Kentucky, United States) 1975
- Sagas, M., Paetzold, R., & Ashley, F. (2005). Relational Demography in Coaching Dyads.. Physical Educator. 62(2), 103-112.
- Snow, V., Simpson, W. K., Byars, A., & Ashley, F. (2005). Sport Professionals and Professional Development. Applied Research in Coaching and Athletics Annual. 20, 190-207.
- Goss, B. D., Crow, R. B., Ashley, F., & Jubenville, C. B. (2004). Qualitative Trends in Intercollegiate Athletics at Historical Black Colleges and Universities: The Impact of the NCAA Structure. International Journal of Sport Management. 5(4), 367-388.
- Cunningham, G. B., Sagas, M., & Ashley, F. B. (2003). Coaching self-efficacy, desire to become a head coach, and occupational turnover intent: Gender differences between NCAA assistant coaches of women's teams. International Journal of Sport Psychology. 34(2), 125-137.
- Cunningham, G. B., & Ashley, F. B. (2002). Debilitative and Facilitative Perceptions of Trait Anxiety among Students in a College Golf Class. Perceptual and Motor Skills. 94(3), 739-742.
- Sagas, M., Cunningham, G. B., Wigley, B. J., & Ashley, F. (2003). Internet coverage of university softball and baseball websites: The inequity continues. Rowe, D. (Eds.), Sport, culture and the media: the unruly trinity. (pp. 340-349). McGraw-Hill Education (UK).