My research focuses on the occurrence and toxicity of drinking water contaminants, health effects of complex mixtures, and chemical exposure assessment in underserved communities.
education and training
- Kovalakova, P., Cizmas, L., Feng, M., McDonald, T. J., Marsalek, B., & Sharma, V. K. (2021). Oxidation of antibiotics by ferrate(VI) in water: Evaluation of their removal efficiency and toxicity changes. CHEMOSPHERE. 277, 130365-130365.
- Sarnosky, K., Benden, M., Cizmas, L., Regan, A., & Sansom, G. (2021). Remote Work and the Environment: Exploratory Analysis of Indoor Air Quality of Commercial Offices and the Home Office. International Journal of Environmental Monitoring and Analysis. 9(2), 40-40.
- Kovalakova, P., Cizmas, L., McDonald, T. J., Marsalek, B., Feng, M., & Sharma, V. K. (2020). Occurrence and toxicity of antibiotics in the aquatic environment: A review. CHEMOSPHERE. 251, 126351-126351.
- Liberatore, H. K., Westerman, D. C., Allen, J. M., Plewa, M. J., Wagner, E. D., McKenna, A. M., ... Richardson, S. D. (2020). High-Resolution Mass Spectrometry Identification of Novel Surfactant-Derived Sulfur-Containing Disinfection Byproducts from Gas Extraction Wastewater. Environmental Science and Technology. 54(15), 9374-9386.
- Sansom, G., Cizmas, L., Aarvig, K., Dixon, B., Kirsch, K. R., Katare, A., & Sansom, L. (2019). Vulnerable Populations Exposed to Lead-Contaminated Drinking Water within Houston Ship Channel Communities. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 16(15), 2745-2745.
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Trueblood, Amber B. (2016-08). Understanding Childhood Environmental Exposures in Texas with a Focus on Pesticide Exposures. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Ross, Jennifer Ann (2013-12). Environmental Health Education in Underserved Hispanic Communities. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Environmental And Occupational Health; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77843-1266