My research focuses on the occurrence and toxicity of drinking water contaminants, health effects of complex mixtures, and chemical exposure assessment in underserved communities.
education and training
- Li, C., Luo, F., Duan, H., Dong, F., Chen, X., Feng, M., ... Sharma, V. K. (2019). Degradation of chloramphenicol by chlorine and chlorine dioxide in a pilot-scale water distribution system. SEPARATION AND PURIFICATION TECHNOLOGY. 211, 564-570.
- Sansom, G., Cizmas, L., Aarvig, K., Dixon, B., Kirsch, K. R., Katare, A., & Sansom, L. (2019). Vulnerable Populations Exposed to Lead-Contaminated Drinking Water within Houston Ship Channel Communities. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 16(15), 2745-2745.
- Zhang, X., Ding, Z., Yang, J., Cizmas, L., Lichtfouse, E., & Sharma, V. K. (2018). Efficient microwave degradation of humic acids in water using persulfate and activated carbon. Environmental Chemistry Letters. 16(3), 1069-1075.
- Trueblood, A. B., Han, D., Shipp, E. M., & Cizmas, L. H. (2018). Exploring Demographic and Environmental Factors Related to Unintentional Pesticide Poisonings in Children and Adolescents in Texas. Environmental Health and Toxicology. 33(2), e2018008-e2018008.
- Brewster, C. S., Sharma, V. K., Cizmas, L., & McDonald, T. J. (2018). Occurrence, distribution and composition of aliphatic and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in sediment cores from the Lower Fox River, Wisconsin, US. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 25(5), 4974-4988.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Trueblood, Amber B. (2016-08). Understanding Childhood Environmental Exposures in Texas with a Focus on Pesticide Exposures. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Ross, Jennifer Ann (2013-12). Environmental Health Education in Underserved Hispanic Communities. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Environmental And Occupational Health; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77843-1266