My research focuses on consumer perceptions and reactions toward multiple lifecycle products, designing products for multiple lifecycles, and remanufacturing processes. In addition, I continue to work in the domain of healthcare supply chains with a particular focus on reimbursement systems and processes.
- Ph.D. in Supply Chain & Information Systems, Pennsylvania State University - (State College, Pennsylvania, United States) 2013
- M.S. in Supply Chain Management, Iowa State University - (Ames, Iowa, United States) 2008
- B.S. in Economics, Iowa State University - (Ames, Iowa, United States) 2005
- Ketzenberg, M. E., Abbey, J. D., Heim, G. R., & Kumar, S. (2020). Assessing customer return behaviors through data analytics. Journal of Operations Management. 66(6), 622-645.
- Abdulla, H., Ketzenberg, M., & Abbey, J. D. (2019). Taking stock of consumer returns: A review and classification of the literature. Journal of Operations Management. 65(6), 560-605.
- Abbey, J. D., Kleber, R., Souza, G. C., & Voigt, G. (2019). Remanufacturing and consumers' risky choices: Behavioral modeling and the role of ambiguity aversion. Journal of Operations Management. 65(1), 4-21.
- Abbey, J. D., Geismar, H. N., & Souza, G. C. (2018). Improving Remanufacturing Core Recovery and Profitability Through Seeding. PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT. 28(3), 610-627.
- Abbey, J., Ketzenberg, M., & Metters, R. (2018). A more profitable approach to product returns. MIT Sloan Management Review. 60(1), 71-74.
- Abbey, J. D., & Guide, V. (2016). Closed-Loop Supply Chains: A Strategic Overview. Bouchery, Y., Corbett, C. J., Fransoo, J. C., & Tan, T. (Eds.), Sustainable Supply Chains. (pp. 375-393). Springer International Publishing.
- Abbey, J. D., & Guide, V. (2016). Consumer Markets in Closed-Loop Supply Chains. Atasu, A. (Eds.), Environmentally Responsible Supply Chains. (pp. 3-17). Springer International Publishing.
- Abbey, J. D., & Guide, V. (2012). Closed-Loop Supply Chains. The Oxford Handbook of Business and the Natural Environment. Oxford University Press.